shape
carat
color
clarity

DJ dilemma!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beltane

Shiny_Rock
So my DJ just emailed me and backed out of our wedding.

29.gif
29.gif
AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!
29.gif
29.gif

Unfortunately I made the mistake of going with a "family friend", and now he apparently wants to go to his sister's jack & jill baby shower that day! And because he's just a family friend "who happens to DJ", he has no back-up. I should have known better. I'm absolutely kicking myself right now.

I am furious!

So... now, 6 weeks from our big day I have just sent out a huge group email for suggestions from friends as to a professional DJ they would recommend and cross my fingers that he/she is available. Fortunately it is a Sunday wedding and hopefully that will be in our favor... I am NOT happy.

grrrrrr....

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
well that stinks. I bet he won''t be getting anymore "family referrals"! :)

I don''t think you''ll have a problem finding one for a Sunday wedding...or atleast I hope not!

Good Luck!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Did you have anything in writing? I mean I guess you don''t want to *force* the guy, but that just sucks big time.
38.gif

For a Sunday though, you should be okay.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
If you don''t care about having an actual emcee, and he is a close friend, you could ask him to borrow his equipment. If he just uses a laptop playlist, which most DJs do these day, it really is something anyone could start or tend to in the event of minor problems.

beltane

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 7:45:23 PM
Author: katamari
If you don''t care about having an actual emcee, and he is a close friend, you could ask him to borrow his equipment. If he just uses a laptop playlist, which most DJs do these day, it really is something anyone could start or tend to in the event of minor problems.

I am very relieved to say that my wonderful son-in-law has done just this very thing! He phoned me and said everything is under control. Yay! Our reception is simply an afternoon cocktail hour... but hubby-to-be and I really wanted our favourite 70s music (we''re old, 50 and 53) playing in the background while people are eating and drinking and visiting, etc.

So losing our DJ isn''t as huge as it would have been if it were traditional evening reception. But losing him with 6 weeks to go was enough to send THIS old bride into a tizzy today!
32.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 8:24:07 PM
Author: beltane
Date: 3/25/2010 7:45:23 PM

Author: katamari

I am very relieved to say that my wonderful son-in-law has done just this very thing! He phoned me and said everything is under control. Yay! Our reception is simply an afternoon cocktail hour... but hubby-to-be and I really wanted our favourite 70s music (we''re old, 50 and 53) playing in the background while people are eating and drinking and visiting, etc.

So losing our DJ isn''t as huge as it would have been if it were traditional evening reception. But losing him with 6 weeks to go was enough to send THIS old bride into a tizzy today!
32.gif

Awesome! Yay for your SIL and getting to a great solution!
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results