shape
carat
color
clarity

DIY wedding albums

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Hey all
emhot.gif

I don''t have enough going on right now
20.gif
9.gif
so I thought I''d start thinking of a way to do our own wedding album when the time comes. I''d like to test the waters by doing an album this summer that highlights our pre-married life together :) The trips we''ve taken, the holidays we''ve spent together etc.....but I really want it to be special and of high quality. Basically, I want it to be the same quality that one would consider using for a wedding album.

I''ve heard that Mypublisher is popular as well as Snapfish. Are these two the top-runners in this web-based album creation field? Is there another I should consider? I''m looking especially for the opinions of those PSers that have used one of these sites or others and can comment on the quality of the overal outcome.

Thank you!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
A friend of mine used Shutterfly to make a beautiful 24 page hardbound photo book for me and my fiance. It''s very high quality, and she had a lot of options for formatting the pages, including backgrounds, text, sizing, framing, etc. I''d recommend that service. I don''t know the cost offhand, but will check with her and post it.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second Shutterfly, I''ve used that site a lot for snapshots, enlargements, etc. and pics for friends with special borders. I haven''t yet ordered an album from them or had the need to, so I can''t give an opinion on what kind of quality those are...but I would recommend you download a few pics onto different sites and see whose service/products you like best.

I think it''s a great idea to try to do your own album though!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I''ve actually heard bad things about the quality of MyPublisher. I was going to use them until I read some posts on the knot about them. Some of the girls said pages weren''t centered properly and things were cropped weird.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, ladies!! That''s scary that Mypublisher got crappy reviews as I was leaning towards them. I guess shutterfly is looking better. Any one else out there have an actual album at home that you are very happy with from one of these places??

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve heard good things about Shutterfly,
and I also just read a bio on the Knot (and the girl''s fi is a photography buff)that mentions another site-

They used www.blurb.com for their photo book- AND- I actually may steal this idea- they made a hardcover book, dustjacket and all, of about 20 pages of photos of them as a couple,etc. leaving a lot of white space and are using that for their Guest Book (i.e. the guests sign, similar to Yearbook style. I LOVE that idea.

I was leaning toward the Polaroid guest book but I''m a bit worried about the logistics, the $ (I mean, when would I ever use a Polaroid camera again?

lover in athens

Brilliant_Rock
i LOVE that idea for a guest book. i think i might steal it as well. sounds like a great keepsake as well! has anyone actually ordered anything from blurb.com? the website is very impressive (i''m downloading their software as i type)...

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Shutterfly ROCKS and its really easy to use. Leather bound covers, very professional looking.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
: : Check out Mpix.com they now do book. I was thinking I would do mypublisher, at least for the parents albums because there are always coupon codes for, but I will do our book on mpix. Mpix is also the best place to get photos processed/printed/developed. Best colors & flesh tone (they do color correction) I did a lot of research and snapfish does better colors/fleshtones than shuterfly. I got some wedding pics printed from each and the ones have some funky/unnatural colors going on in some of them (make some of the pale pale green/white flowers in my bouquet look almost lime green)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results