shape
carat
color
clarity

DIY brides...Gocco questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

meresal

Ideal_Rock

Which Gocco do you have or would you recommend? I already read the tutorial... I'm about 3 seconds from ordering one

9.gif
. Is the whole process really as easy as they make it sound? and would you recommend buying extra lightbulbs and screens in the beginning?

TIA!!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I have the B6 Hi-Mesh set that I bought on ebay for a great price. It came with 2 screens and 4 bulbs (I think) and I didn''t feel the need to order any more since I didn''t have any projects lined up. I made my xmas cards with them and although it was scary at first and I re-read the instructions about 1000 times, it was actually pretty easy and painless. I can''t wait to put my gocco to work on our invites!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!!
sammyj- Is there a big difference between the Hi-mesh and the regular? Are there major perks for one over the other?
Hey Kelly
35.gif
- That is one of the most unprepared videos I have ever seen. LOL!!
37.gif
Definitely informative though.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Meresal, I don''t know if you realize that the Gocco has actually been discontinued -- the Japanese factory that makes the machines and parts is being (or maybe already was) shut down. So if you want to use it in the future, it''s probably a good idea to stock up on bulbs, screens, and inks now! I think there''s still quite a bit of stock available, but I''m not sure it''s a good idea to put off buying new supplies unless you plan to sell it soon.

Kellybell

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 9:28:01 PM
Author: meresal
Thanks!!
sammyj- Is there a big difference between the Hi-mesh and the regular? Are there major perks for one over the other?
Hey Kelly
35.gif
37.gif
HA! I know! She is kind of a crazy lady. I watched a few of her tutorial videos, and they are all like that. At least she is easy to understand!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 9:28:01 PM
Thanks!!
Hey Kelly
35.gif
37.gif
Hey meresal, I really don''t know the difference between the hi-mesh and the regular. I didn''t do a ton of research before I bought it...I just wanted a basic machine that didn''t cost an arm and a leg!

In regards to Octavia''s post about it being discontinued...yes, she''s right...the machines were discontinued about 7-8 months ago. Gocco supplies sell out pretty quickly (they still receive new stock every now and then but it''s pretty limited) with online stores and I plan on purchasing my supplies from an etsy seller (there''s printaddict and MiharuShop). You can also find lots on ebay.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I bought one last night. I went back and forth for almost an hour until FI grabbed me and said, "Do it, or get off the computer!". LOL, He knows exactly how I am.
41.gif

So, I ordered it from a guy that sells tons of them on eBay and had free shipping from Japan
31.gif
. All of his ratings were good so I felt comfortable buying used. The new ones were upwards into the $300''s. I''d like to think I got a great deal for a slightly used B6 High-mesh, with 12 inks and a crap load of other stuff I''ll never use I''m sure ($199). I did read ALOT of info about them and saw that they were discontinued back in like June of 08, so I plan on getting all the extra supplies from a vendor here in the US. After watching those videos and seeing a few poeple go thru an entire tube for just 50 prints, I realized I''m going to need alot!! Thanks for the tips ladies!!

FI is excited to help me with the napkins, and he thought it would be cute if we decorated luggageg tags for the honeymoon... who is this guy!?!
36.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 9:31:03 AM
FI is excited to help me with the napkins, and he thought it would be cute if we decorated luggageg tags for the honeymoon... who is this guy!?!
36.gif
That is just the cutest thing! I am so so tempted to get one but I only have 20 invites to make and I am not positive I would use it alot again.

Good luck with it and I can''t wait to see your results!

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
Oh! I''m excited for you! I am DIY freak and have been stalking Gocco''s for some time.

Do you mind if I ask who the sellar was on e-bay? I''m not sure if it''s allowed to be disclosed or not, but I figured I''d ask anyway.

Good luck to you and Thanks!

all.of.the.above

Rough_Rock
Sorry!! Nevermind! I think I found it!

Thanks anyway though!
1.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 11:07:50 AM
Author: all.of.the.above
Oh! I''m excited for you! I am DIY freak and have been stalking Gocco''s for some time.

Do you mind if I ask who the sellar was on e-bay? I''m not sure if it''s allowed to be disclosed or not, but I figured I''d ask anyway.

Good luck to you and Thanks!
I''m sorry, I can''t get on eBay from work, but I do remember that he has like right around a 148 rating. If that helps
3.gif
. Hope it''s the same person you found!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results