shape
carat
color
clarity

Divorce and pandemic

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
omg. we not only talk to the cats, we imitate them in weird voices. i can admit this anonymously on the internet but no one can know in real life that we are such weirdos! :lol:

We wonder what the cats say about us ? :lol:

Its ok
this pandemic has turned everyone with a cat into crazy cat ladies

Gary was always a dog person, and a bird lover, so it took dear Tinky many years to break him in but now he appreates the subtleties, manageability and cleanliness of a cat and acknowledges their importance with regard to companionship,
(We have this idiot rich philanthropist in NZ who is always waging war on cats)

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I'm seeing a little of both, some friends are really pulling together and you can see (via zoom) their interactions as close and loving. But I have witnessed some utter destruction too. Granted issues were there beforehand, nothing happens in a vacuum. Between the election, varying levels of pandemic concern, financial stressors, there is something to lay that final straw on anyone having long buried issues.

We also are seeing an uptick in DV cases. It is tragic. But it is encouraging to see our DV shelters morph and change to support victims at home. Personally, I worry more about the unseen child abuse. Adult women usually have a way of communicating to the outside world somehow, kids on the other hand. My teacher friends say they are having to get smart in their own about signs, but many schools don't want to get involved so aren't offering full fledged training. And I worry about all those COVID puppies, how will they cope when their people go back to work? The family golden loses her mind when we go to the bathroom with the door closed, fortunately my parents are home with her all the time

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
=)2
Im fine really
97% of the time he's joking
3% of the time i could hit him over the head with a frying pan but he's taller than me :mrgreen2:

I dont think they have highly sensitive people in his family

You could always remind him that he’s only your first ‘husband’ :mrgreen:

My DH jokes that he can’t afford to divorce me, because I’ll get at least half of everything :lol:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I won't lie, we could have been a statistic if I didn't have somewhere else for him to go and thats with us being the very best of friends! He having a house to go to allowed me to have some time to myself and at least miss him a little.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No one I know getting divorced. Hold on, let me talk to my DH and make sure there's nothing I need to know:lol::oops2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's interesting as 2019 was a dress rehearsal in a way for the pandemic. All four of our cats got ringworm (from a cat we rescued at an animal shelter) and it was quite the year. It was our own personal pandemic as we didn't go anywhere because it was basically a 24/7 issue to deal with and we also were contagious. Well, the cats were but anyway it did prevent us from socializing expect very carefully and our only respite was cycling.

So 2019 mirrored 2020 and 2021 and so far 2022 to an eery degree. And Greg and I were together 24/7 during 2019 because of Ringworm. He worked from home the entire time because the cats needed constant care. It was our own personal hell. But together we beat it and more importantly together we made a great team.

Therefore when the pandemic happened it was just more of the same. Together all the time and away from most everyone else. And it wasn't challenging for us in any way. Numerous health issues that popped up were our biggest challenge. Greg had four surgeries during the pandemic. Yup, four. But spending all our time together was not only easy it was a joy and the one bright spot of ringworm and the pandemic.

I am supremely grateful for having Greg as my partner through life. There truly is no one else for me. He is purrrrfect in every way. Despite all our challenges our relationship was never one of them. In fact sometimes I think the universe sent the other challenges our way because we have each other and that makes us strong and we can make it through (anything) together. If that makes sense.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If there were problems in a marriage the stress of the pandemic
could have easily made things worse. No one ever really knows what goes on in someone else marriage.

@Daisys and Diamonds, I sincerely hope you know that if you ever need to talk about anything you have many people here that are here for you. No one has a perfect life and everyone’s life ebbs and flows.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also had friends divorce that I was shocked about Their split. Both worked from home for an extended period. Not sure why but on this timing.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
If there were problems in a marriage the stress of the pandemic
could have easily made things worse. No one ever really knows what goes on in someone else marriage.

@Daisys and Diamonds, I sincerely hope you know that if you ever need to talk about anything you have many people here that are here for you. No one has a perfect life and everyone’s life ebbs and flows.

Thank you dear Caalliecake

The Ebbs and flows of life

now i just wish he would get his booster sorted out

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also had friends divorce that I was shocked about Their split. Both worked from home for an extended period. Not sure why but on this timing.

On my route to work is a really lovelly classic late 60s early 70s house i just love
its in a beautuful part of town and the house has been extended in keeping with the original style and its been tastefully decorated
its my if i win lotto house
ive got to saying hello to the couple who own because well i can't stop staring at their beaitiful house
He said its ok, they got used to living in a fish bowl
Its on an oak tree linned corner opposite an oak ringed park
in the winter he would be getting firewood in as i walked past
durring lockdown they planted a Michaela tree i said id come back and smell once we were allowed to mingle again

anyway he was walking the dog on Saturday as i was walking home and he said they are selling up after the end of their 40 year marriage :(2
He's moving into a motor home and they might have to rehome the dog :(2

I almost bought a lotto ticket

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results