shape
carat
color
clarity

Distinguishing my MOH

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry if this has been asked a gazillion times, but I''d like ideas on how to set my MOH apart from my other 4 bms. They are all wearing the same skirt but with a top of thier choosing so I already feel like the "look" is a bit more complex looking than had I chosen one garment for them all to wear. Thus, I want something that won''t futher cause things to look "messy".

I don''t like the idea of having my moh wear a different color dress or even having a different colored or sized bouquet. I also don''t know that I''m even using flowers (may be using silk fans). I like the idea of changing her neckline to strapless (the rest will undoubtedly choose tops with straps of some sort) but she really hates strapless and I don''t want to do that to her as setting her apart is supposed to be a good thing...not make things worse for her lol.

This is an end of august shindig so it''ll be hot hot hot so shawls etc don''t really make sense either
7.gif

Okay, that''s what I''ve thought of but don''t want to do.............can you help me figure out what else I might do? Oh...and she''s also my baby sister (she''s 27..so not quite a baby I guess) who I''ve always been quite close with (minus a few wedding related possible issues) if that helps at all :)

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Hmm... short of a larger bouquet, I can''t think of anything that won''t make her uncomfortable. People will know she''s the MOH if she''s standing directly beside you and holding your bouquet during the ceremony. Definitely don''t make her wear a dress she''s not comfortable in!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 3:58:12 PM
Author: sumbride
Hmm... short of a larger bouquet, I can''t think of anything that won''t make her uncomfortable. People will know she''s the MOH if she''s standing directly beside you and holding your bouquet during the ceremony. Definitely don''t make her wear a dress she''s not comfortable in!
Helllo summerbride :) You''re always so responsive and I appreciate you so much for your help all the time :) As much as having her wear a strapless top makes me feel very good about the overal "look" of things.....I just won''t do it to her. I promise :) I did think, after reading your response about bouquets, of maybe having her carry flowers while the others carry fans? But I don''t love that idea either.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Is it really necessary for her to stand out? It will be in the program if you are having it, announced at the reception, and most people will know already anyhow .Is it really important to her or to you? If so, here are some ideas...

what about having her bouquet match yours a bit? like if you had all roses and the other BM had a mixture of blooms, she could also have all roses (but in the same colour as the rest of the BM)

what about a sash to match your dress or an accessory even? I know you don''t want to ''messy'' things up, but more than likely something will be ''added'' to distinquish her, unless she goes for the strapless idea.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 4:29:03 PM
Author: Jas12
Is it really necessary for her to stand out? It will be in the program if you are having it, announced at the reception, and most people will know already anyhow .Is it really important to her or to you? If so, here are some ideas...

what about having her bouquet match yours a bit? like if you had all roses and the other BM had a mixture of blooms, she could also have all roses (but in the same colour as the rest of the BM)

what about a sash to match your dress or an accessory even? I know you don''t want to ''messy'' things up, but more than likely something will be ''added'' to distinquish her, unless she goes for the strapless idea.
Jas~ I like the bouquet idea alot if we do flowers for them :) I like the idea of an accessory of some sort, too. Maybe I could get her a really nice brooch or pin or something that''s sparkly but that the other BMs won''t have. I was looking on the Swarovski website the other day and saw some lovely things that she could wear to distinguish her and also have as her moh gift. GREAT idea, Jas!! Thank you :)

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
if you''re not sure if you''re using flowers or fans, couldn''t she carry a different color or stlye of fan? and if you do end up using flowers instead, then you can just have her bouquet differ in whatever way you think is best. I do agree though that people will know she is your MOH based on where she''s standing and if she''s holding your bouquet (or fan if you''re carrying on too
1.gif
). Are you having programs at all? You could have her listed as MOH, and that would clear it up too!

P.S. I really like the idea of using fans, especially since you said it''ll be hot hot hot out! It''ll be pretty, a little different, and USEFUL!!

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 4:35:15 PM
Author: partyjewels
if you''re not sure if you''re using flowers or fans, couldn''t she carry a different color or stlye of fan? and if you do end up using flowers instead, then you can just have her bouquet differ in whatever way you think is best. I do agree though that people will know she is your MOH based on where she''s standing and if she''s holding your bouquet (or fan if you''re carrying on too
1.gif
). Are you having programs at all? You could have her listed as MOH, and that would clear it up too!

P.S. I really like the idea of using fans, especially since you said it''ll be hot hot hot out! It''ll be pretty, a little different, and USEFUL!!
For some reason, it is really important to me to have her stand out. I guess because she''s my sister and my moh. Plus, this whole time I''ve really been looking for ways to distinguish her so it must be something I unconsciously want to do, too :)

tanyak

Shiny_Rock
I just said this in another thread, but my maids wore AA separates, too. They each picked their own cocktail skirt and top in Indigo blue. I suggested to my MOH that she get the indigo skirt with a white top (strapless with a little indigo ribbon on it). She really like the idea and I thought it looked great. I don't know how you feel about others wearing white or ivory - I didn't care at all. But it's great because she would coordinate with you and the maids. This is the only picture I have scanned in of us.

scan0003.jpg

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 6:43:00 PM
Author: tanyak
I just said this in another thread, but my maids wore AA separates, too. They each picked their own cocktail skirt and top in Indigo blue. I suggested to my MOH that she get the indigo skirt with a white top (strapless with a little indigo ribbon on it). She really like the idea and I thought it looked great. I don''t know how you feel about others wearing white or ivory - I didn''t care at all. But it''s great because she would coordinate with you and the maids. This is the only picture I have scanned in of us.

scan0003.jpg
Wow! You all look fabulous and happy :) I notice AA has one white top that has straps where she could order it with a lilac ribbon. Since she may be busy trying to find a top she likes (like the other 3 have) I won''t say anything, though, or things could get messy lol. (see my previous thread on "I''ve waged a war against myself" lol. You women look so wonderful though :)

tanyak

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! If she''s already looking at tops, I don''t think it would hurt to say "Hey. I know you''re looking at tops. I''ve been thinking, since you''re MOH, it''s cool with me if you want to wear white/ivory..." It just gives her more options with no additional pressure. Of course, I haven''t read the other thread yet.
1.gif
Heading there now...

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 7:02:54 PM
Author: tanyak
Thanks! If she''s already looking at tops, I don''t think it would hurt to say ''Hey. I know you''re looking at tops. I''ve been thinking, since you''re MOH, it''s cool with me if you want to wear white/ivory...'' It just gives her more options with no additional pressure. Of course, I haven''t read the other thread yet.
1.gif
Heading there now...
Ha ha! Ah...nooooooooo.........that would NOT go over well at all
31.gif
. That post is a long one but this gist is I pretty much have used up my one "change my mind" card for the course of this event. Well, as it relates to dresses anyway. My moh actually disdains seperates on principal (she''s never tried them on before tho
20.gif
) so she really does not like that my change of mind went against her preference.

I can''t get over how lovely you and your women look!! And the background is so lush :) I truly hope that by the time my girls and I get to that point, that we are able to smile like that
32.gif

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
So Happy:

I am having A LOT of stephanotis and roses in my bouquet.. and my bridesmaids are having just roses... my MOH is having a ''scattering'' of stephanotis in her rose bouquet.. to have her stand out...

It might be a good idea if you decide to do flowers.. to give her some of the "unique" flowers that you are useing in your bouquet...

I hope that helps (and I hope that it makes sense...)

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/11/2007 7:23:03 PM
Author: Jaders731
So Happy:

I am having A LOT of stephanotis and roses in my bouquet.. and my bridesmaids are having just roses... my MOH is having a ''scattering'' of stephanotis in her rose bouquet.. to have her stand out...

It might be a good idea if you decide to do flowers.. to give her some of the ''unique'' flowers that you are useing in your bouquet...

I hope that helps (and I hope that it makes sense...)
That made complete sense, Jaders! Thank you for your idea :) I am waiting to talk with another florist on the 15th to see how much they''d charge me for BM bouquets. If they can be made for a price I can afford, I will certainly consider this. My plan is to have my bouquet have cymbids and rododendrums (sp?) with hydrangea and very open roses as filler and them probably just the hydrangea and roses. I''d love to be able to have my sister carry some orchids like I am :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results