shape
carat
color
clarity

Disneyland Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondBuyer2005

Rough_Rock
Ok, I am planning on proposing at Disneyland in front of Sleeping Beauty''s castle. I know what I am going to say (mostly) and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for anything else I can do. She loves Disneyland, and I am going to propose to her on the bridge outside the castle. Any ideas to make it more magical?

Thanks!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
will it be at night? perhaps as the fireworks are going off. and I believe the Blue Bayou is the only place that serves alcohol in DL.

DiamondBuyer2005

Rough_Rock
It will be dusk. We will leave the park and go out for dinner. Just wondering if any ladies out there have any ideas for the moment.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I''m pretty sure that there''s a wishing well right near there - it would be really cute to give her a penny and ask her to make wish and then ask her what she wished for and then tell her you wished she would be your wife, etc and get on your KNEE! HOW CUTE!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/2/2005 3:58:19 AM
Author: JulieN
will it be at night? perhaps as the fireworks are going off. and I believe the Blue Bayou is the only place that serves alcohol in DL.
They won''t let you on the drawbridge while the fireworks are going off...blue Bayou does NOT serve alcohol in DL..Club 33 does, but only those with Club 33 memberships or guests of can eat there...which is too bad, that would be a great place to propose!!!

The Castle is a great place, but a lot of people propose at that spot (my sister was proposed to there right in the middle of the "compass" on the ground). Maybe you propose at one of the grottos like Lil Mermaid''s or Snow White''s grotto (SW is directly to the right of the castle where the wishing well is and LM is on the way to Tomorrowland from Fantasyland). Both of those areas are discreet.

In front of Peter Pan''s Flight is an original "ship" from 1955 painted in gold to commemorate the 50th anniversary. You could take her there for a "photo op" (you can sit in the ship!) and propose to her in the ship!!! If she likes Peter Pan or Tinker Bell this would be a good spot too...let me know if you want more ideas!!!

DiamondBuyer2005

Rough_Rock
Great ideas. Thank you all for the input!

blkcat

Rough_Rock
That is the sweetest thing ever! I''m not sure there''s much else you could do as it''s pretty thoughtful already -- but be sure she''s not got a mouth full of cotton candy.

I think it''s a special place, even if a lot of people get the question popped in the same spot - almost more so - maybe it has good karma!

DiamondBuyer2005

Rough_Rock
Thanks all, Aug 13th is the big day... wish me luck. I''ll post my results...

...heart beating fast...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck and make sure you come back here to tell us all about it. Have fun!!!!

National Park Lover

Rough_Rock
Good Luck today. If you''re able to, capture the moment in as many ways as you can because you''d be surprised how many women don''t remember the details of the proposal due to sensory overload (or the "OMG I''m getting a diamond" syndrome). I set up a camcorder when I proposed and later my fiancee listened to it over and over with tears in her eyes saying things like "I don''t remember that" and "Did I say that" and "What did I do" ... hopefully this will go on for hours or even days and the more you have for her to remember, the more memorable the experience will be for both of you.

National Park Lover,
Proposed @ Old Faithful on New Year''s Eve during an eruption
Good Skill ... Luck is not a factor when you''re well prepared.
30.gif

DiamondBuyer2005

Rough_Rock
Ok, here''s how it went down. I scouted out some places and found the wishing well outside of the castle to be my favorite. We arrived at Disneyland around 4pm on Sat the 13th. We walked around and talked for a about 90 minutes when I directed her to the castle. To my dismay, Snow White was setup at the wishing well doing photo ops with the kids. I asked one of Snow White''s helpers when they would finish as I wanted to propose at the wishing well. He was so helpful, he said she would be done at 6pm and he would make sure we had the place to ourselves from 6:00 to 6:15. So they clear out at 6 and we make our way to the well. There is one couple there feeding their baby, I direct my gal in another direction as on of the helpers whispers to the couple that I am going to propose. So we are there by ourselves, there are people lined up at both enterences watching us which she notices. I then go into my part, telling her of my Love for her and all that she is to me. I give her my three vows: 1) To Love her as Christ Loves the Church 2) To never let a day pass without me telling her I Love her 3) To make sure God is 1st in her life, she is His 1st and mine 2nd. I say these things and drop to one knee... at this point she is crying, which makes me tear up. I then break out the diamond and ask her if she will marry me, to which she says "Yes" (yeah!). I then stand up and hug and kiss her. I dry her eyes with my shirt and hold her. Everyone around us is clapping the the bell sounds.
The guy whom cleared the place for us, tells me that if we wait for a minute, Snow White will be back to take some pictures with us. We wait and when Snow White arrives she is with Sleeping Beauty. They check out her ring, oh and ah and ask us if we would like to go on the Dumbo ride with them. On the way to the ride, we pick up Cinderella and Belle. So my princess is crossing through Fantasyland with the 4 Disney princesses. We drop off Belle and Sleeping Beauty at the Carosel and continue on to Dumbo. We get to the ride and are put in the golden car and the princesses ride in front of us. They announce our engagement and send us off flying.
I couldn''t have made it any better. She Loved it and called a thousand people to tell them what had happened. My advice to any guys out there with gals that like Disneyland... go to the wishing well, your dreams (and her''s) will come true.
God bless all and thanks to all on this site for their advice and support.
Happily Ever After, RY.

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful proposal - many congratulations!

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Oh oh oh, what a beautiful story. I''m seriously tearing up here. How sweet and romantic. Congratulations to the both of you.

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Many congrats!!! That sounds like a truly magical proposal! What a lovely story, thank you for sharing with us!!!!!!!

z78gml

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations. I''m tearing up too. It was very beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results