Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Disney World experts, help!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 18, 2010
Messages
5,765
My fiance and I are going to Disney World for two days after our wedding and cruise. He is 6'7", and at every theme park he's been to there are at least a few rides he's too tall to ride. I've talked to two different Disney agents and neither can really provide me a set answer. The last person said that he was 6'1 and can ride all the rides, but that's obviously much different than 6'7". Any Disney experts out there who might know the answer? The rides he usually can't go on are the ones where feet dangle...his just dangle way too far down.
 

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Messages
7,378
amc - I'm thinking he shouldn't have much trouble. The only one I'd wonder about is the Haunted Mansion, b/c the chairs have tops on them (they're sortof domed?) so he might have problems there. If you go to Epcot there's Soarin... but I don't think he'll have a problem on it. There aren't many at Disney with dangling feet. Space Mountain you might ask about, it has some tight spaces that the coaster goes through that again, I'd worry about his head. That still leaves a ton of ride options though. You'll have Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, The Jungle Cruise, the walk up the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House, Pirates of the Caribbean, Tom Sawyer's Island, It's a Small World, The Tea Cup ride, the Merry Go Round, there are a few new rides that have opened, Tomorrowland, plus all the other walk along things to see. There's a place near Pirates that does Mexican food that I highly recommend, if you need any lunch ideas.
 

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 18, 2010
Messages
5,765
dragonfly411|1315423336|3011902 said:
amc - I'm thinking he shouldn't have much trouble. The only one I'd wonder about is the Haunted Mansion, b/c the chairs have tops on them (they're sortof domed?) so he might have problems there. If you go to Epcot there's Soarin... but I don't think he'll have a problem on it. There aren't many at Disney with dangling feet. Space Mountain you might ask about, it has some tight spaces that the coaster goes through that again, I'd worry about his head. That still leaves a ton of ride options though. You'll have Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, The Jungle Cruise, the walk up the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House, Pirates of the Caribbean, Tom Sawyer's Island, It's a Small World, The Tea Cup ride, the Merry Go Round, there are a few new rides that have opened, Tomorrowland, plus all the other walk along things to see. There's a place near Pirates that does Mexican food that I highly recommend, if you need any lunch ideas.
Thank you for this. I really hope he can ride Space Mountain, but I see why he may not be able to. He's never even been to Disneyland so it's a whole new experience for him. Oh, and we will definitely keep that in mind when looking for a place to eat.
 

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Oct 7, 2004
Messages
4,728
My old coworker was 6'8 and huge disney fan. I dont think he had trouble w/ any of the rides. Disney doesn't have any dangling rollercoasters that i know of.
 

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Mar 6, 2006
Messages
2,851
amc80|1315427700|3011981 said:
dragonfly411|1315423336|3011902 said:
amc - I'm thinking he shouldn't have much trouble. The only one I'd wonder about is the Haunted Mansion, b/c the chairs have tops on them (they're sortof domed?) so he might have problems there. If you go to Epcot there's Soarin... but I don't think he'll have a problem on it. There aren't many at Disney with dangling feet. Space Mountain you might ask about, it has some tight spaces that the coaster goes through that again, I'd worry about his head. That still leaves a ton of ride options though. You'll have Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, The Jungle Cruise, the walk up the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House, Pirates of the Caribbean, Tom Sawyer's Island, It's a Small World, The Tea Cup ride, the Merry Go Round, there are a few new rides that have opened, Tomorrowland, plus all the other walk along things to see. There's a place near Pirates that does Mexican food that I highly recommend, if you need any lunch ideas.
Thank you for this. I really hope he can ride Space Mountain, but I see why he may not be able to. He's never even been to Disneyland so it's a whole new experience for him. Oh, and we will definitely keep that in mind when looking for a place to eat.
My dentist is very tall, probably about 6'5 or 6'6 and he told me that when he went to disney world, he had never been so scared in his life. He said that because of his height, the whole ride he kept thinking that he was going to be decapatated and scar his sons (one was next to him and one was behind him) for life. He told me the ride is not designed for very tall people.
 

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
2,201
Interesting issue...I guess it would depend on whether the height is in the torso or legs (or equally distributed?
 

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Messages
7,378
asscherisme|1315458853|3012415 said:
amc80|1315427700|3011981 said:
dragonfly411|1315423336|3011902 said:
amc - I'm thinking he shouldn't have much trouble. The only one I'd wonder about is the Haunted Mansion, b/c the chairs have tops on them (they're sortof domed?) so he might have problems there. If you go to Epcot there's Soarin... but I don't think he'll have a problem on it. There aren't many at Disney with dangling feet. Space Mountain you might ask about, it has some tight spaces that the coaster goes through that again, I'd worry about his head. That still leaves a ton of ride options though. You'll have Big Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, The Jungle Cruise, the walk up the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House, Pirates of the Caribbean, Tom Sawyer's Island, It's a Small World, The Tea Cup ride, the Merry Go Round, there are a few new rides that have opened, Tomorrowland, plus all the other walk along things to see. There's a place near Pirates that does Mexican food that I highly recommend, if you need any lunch ideas.
Thank you for this. I really hope he can ride Space Mountain, but I see why he may not be able to. He's never even been to Disneyland so it's a whole new experience for him. Oh, and we will definitely keep that in mind when looking for a place to eat.
My dentist is very tall, probably about 6'5 or 6'6 and he told me that when he went to disney world, he had never been so scared in his life. He said that because of his height, the whole ride he kept thinking that he was going to be decapatated and scar his sons (one was next to him and one was behind him) for life. He told me the ride is not designed for very tall people.

Asscher - LOL I am 5'1 and think I'm going to be decapitated every time. SO's uncle is probably 6'5 6'6 and he rides it, but I'm always waiting for heads to fly.
 

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 18, 2010
Messages
5,765
centralsquare|1315462809|3012472 said:
Interesting issue...I guess it would depend on whether the height is in the torso or legs (or equally distributed?
I'd say he's pretty evenly distributed. His pant length is 36 which seems about right for that height?
 

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Joined
Jun 6, 2010
Messages
6,611
My DH is 6'5 and he also wears a 36 inseam, so I think they're both pretty evenly distributed. He went to Disney as a teenager and didn't have any issues, but I know that things have changed a lot since then. At Six Flags, he doesn't have a problem with the big rides, but it's definitely an issue when he needs to accompany one of our young kids...he can't squeeze his frame into the designated space, so I usually have to go once with each child if the ride can't hold 3 people at a time....kind of a bummer, as the kids always beg him to come with him and are so sad when he doesn't fit. :blackeye:
 

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jun 18, 2010
Messages
5,765
yennyfire|1315519154|3013008 said:
My DH is 6'5 and he also wears a 36 inseam, so I think they're both pretty evenly distributed. He went to Disney as a teenager and didn't have any issues, but I know that things have changed a lot since then. At Six Flags, he doesn't have a problem with the big rides, but it's definitely an issue when he needs to accompany one of our young kids...he can't squeeze his frame into the designated space, so I usually have to go once with each child if the ride can't hold 3 people at a time....kind of a bummer, as the kids always beg him to come with him and are so sad when he doesn't fit. :blackeye:
We went to Six Flags and there were a few we couldn't ride. Which is okay with me, because even though I LOVE rollercoasters, the older I get the more they make me want to barf.

It's funny, being with someone abnormally tall has issues I never would have thought about. Like we have to upgrade to economy plus on flights because he just can't fit his legs in economy/coach (oh, he's very lean, so it's not like he's big both ways). One day we were in my kitchen and he stooped down to my level (5'7") to see from my vantage point. His first comment was "You can't see the top of the fridge!" Um, no.
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    November’s Jewels Of The Weeks
    November’s Jewels Of The Weeks
    Upgrade to Five-Stone
    Upgrade to Five-Stone
    Elizabeth Taylor's Diamond Heart
    Elizabeth Taylor's Diamond Heart

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top