shape
carat
color
clarity

Disney World Advice

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Hi all! I need some Disney World advice. My fiance and I will be spending two very short days there after our wedding and cruise in late November/early December. We will probably get to WDW around noon on a Sunday and will have to leave around 4pm the following day. My fiance has never been to anything Disney, not even Disneyland. We are thinking of doing Magic Kingdom one day and Epcot the other day. We definitely want to stay at a Disney resort. Which one would be the most convenient? I know some are pretty centrally located within WDW while others are on the edge. Due to time constraints, I would like to stay at one that would allow us to pop back to the room for a few minutes, if needed, without taking an hour to do so.

Any recommendations for a hotel and any other time saving tips would be greatly appreciated.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
This may be helpful to you: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/maps/

That link will show you the resorts on Disney property. I have stayed at the Polynesian which is close walking distance to the monorail. Didn't love the hotel and thought it was pricey (stayed for work) but for a night, it's not bad. I have also been to a convention at the Contemporary. Again, pricey but not bad.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Thanks. I did see that map, but thought someone might have some personal experience. Also- is the monorail the fastest way to travel in WDW? Or are there buses that are faster?

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I would stay at the Contemporary because you can take the monorail to both MagicKingdom and Epcot easily (we have stayed there and will do so again). Since you are getting in around noontime, I would go to Epcot the 1st day especially if you want to visit the International section - I think it is called World Shwcase (they open at 11am? ) and lots to do in the evening. Stay for the fireworks show, it is fantastic. So Epcot:Future World and World Showcase in the evening (have dinner there) and stay for fireworks. Or you can do MK and then go to Epcot in the evening and then you'll know what you want to do the next day (either more of MK or Epcot). I think it is a personal preference of what appeals to you.
Lines seem to move more quickly through Epcot, IMO.

I would then go to Magic Kingdom on Monday and get there when they open at 9 am. Best time to go on rides is when they have their daily parade. Lines are much shorter. Certain rides will always have very long lines/waiting times so plan carefully or you will be spending much of your time in lines. Space Mountain has always had long lines starting ist thing in the am.

Considering the time of year you will be there, you probably shouldn't have problems with lines, but certain rides events (fireworks) are subject to weather conditions.

When DD was little we spent the bulk of our time in MK, as she got older more time in Epcot and sometime in MGM(again we go to MGM usually in the evenings)

In either case you will have a great time.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
soocool|1304427892|2910964 said:
I would stay at the Contemporary because you can take the monorail to both MagicKingdom and Epcot easily (we have stayed there and will do so again). Since you are getting in around noontime, I would go to Epcot the 1st day especially if you want to visit the International section - I think it is called World Shwcase (they open at 11am? ) and lots to do in the evening. Stay for the fireworks show, it is fantastic. So Epcot:Future World and World Showcase in the evening (have dinner there) and stay for fireworks. Or you can do MK and then go to Epcot in the evening and then you'll know what you want to do the next day (either more of MK or Epcot). I think it is a personal preference of what appeals to you.

Thank you so much! I think that's a good idea. I figured MK would take more time and it would be better to do on Monday, when we have more time and it's a weekday. How long is the monorail ride between the parks/to the hotel?

soocool

Ideal_Rock
amc80|1304442103|2911261 said:
soocool|1304427892|2910964 said:

Thank you so much! I think that's a good idea. I figured MK would take more time and it would be better to do on Monday, when we have more time and it's a weekday. How long is the monorail ride between the parks/to the hotel?[/quote]
Just a few minutes... They run pretty often, but sometimes you have to wait a few minutes for one to arrive.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
We've stayed at the Swan, and it's very convenient to Epcot, it's actually next to France. It's not owned by Disney anymore, so not sure if it's on the maps. You take a very nice boat, with a short ride, right into the park. It's also a very fancy place, check it out on expedia.

I've never stayed and tried to get to WDW, we much prefer Epcot and have only been to WDW once in 20 years.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results