shape
carat
color
clarity

Dishwasher please help out ...which model to buy...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Hello: I am wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a good dishwasher.I have to replace my ASKO, just found out that it needs a timer and its too old ( 15 years or more) to find replacement for it.It has several problems now, so it may not be worth fixing it .I was very happy with it and perhaps someone has a recommendation for me.We use our dishwasher lots sometimes several times a day when we cook a lot.Any recommendations are apprecieated need to buy it asap..Thanks

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
NOT frigidaire LOL And avoid energy savers HAHA....

I don''t know what its called, but get the one that you can put a whole cake into.

I know this all sounds like I''m kidding but sadly I''m not!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like Miele or Bosch too, I think they are all great but just run differently, made to use less soap and water then American ones.

BarbM

Rough_Rock
The Bosch Evolution is terrific - had a Maytag and it rusted within 5 years.
Bosch has a stainless steel tub and it is very quiet - you can hardly hear that it is running.
I can put my tall wine glasses and pots in the upper rack; this saves room for dishes the bottom rack.

Barbara

http://www.boschappliances.com/category1.html

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I'm glad to hear that your Asko lasted so long. I have a newer model that I've had for over a year now and it has been terrific so far. It has the hidden controls on the top of the door which gives a nice clean look. It is unbelievably quiet.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
bosch is great....quiet and roomy....stainless steel inside too

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to everyone for helping out.Yes I did enjoy my ASKO no major problems.My washer and dryer (3 years old) are aslo ASKO and Im happy with those .The only problem I had with ASKO is that some dishes did not fit properly because the shelves are so close together so deeper dishes I had to put fewer.Overall it was excellent and I am sorry to have to let it go.I will also look at them perhaps they changed it now.
Does Bosch have half load cycle? Delayed wash cycle? Delicate cycle? I heard that some models have adjustable top rack for tall dishes , pots etc? Also wondering about food waste basket and drying by condensation or heat?Any pros,cons here? I want white cabinet and stainless stell tub. If you can please give me model nr or name of the one that is good.Thanks.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Bosch SH043CO(2) for ~ $580. It''s a top CR pick and is very flexible in regards to loading. That''s the one I really want!
5.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
my parents LOVE their kitchen aid.

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Kitchenaid and it''s amazingly quiet compared to whatever my parents had. I didn''t have much of a choice though. It came with the house.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
If I had it to do over, I would get a Bosch too. We got a GE because they matched all of our other appliances in our new house and we hate it. It is loud and half the digital buttons don''t work and sometimes it just beeps incessantly for no reason (that I can figure out). One day, I heard this beeping and I asked my three year old what that beeping noise was and right as I asked her, the baby was crawling by her feet and she replied ''It''s baby" . Still cracks me up.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
just went to see them.Suprisingly only Asko offers 3 years warranty.Bosch is one year only.Bosch was more quiet than Asko on demo. Decisions, decisions? Do like the 3 years and like before Asko shelves are closer together like older model.The sales lady said its because sometimes you want them as close othervise load every second one( that is exactly what I was doing on my old Asko)Drying is also different on both.Anyone has Asko D3122? any comments? Thanks ( they have 100 off till mid March) thanks again..

bujiatang

Rough_Rock
My parents have a 3 year old Maytag and it sounds like the shuttle launching. It has always been loud. It leaked once which shorted out the motor.

My Aunt Carol has a Bosch and loves it. I've stayed at her place and it is so quiet my 90 year old grandmother can hear everything I say when it is running. And the dishes always come clean, no little crumbs fused to the glasses. It also fights crime and does her taxes. seriously though, I have heard nothing but good things about Bosch dishwashers.

BUt if the new machine is like the one you are used to, I'd stick with the familiar machine.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2007 5:51:04 PM
Author: scarleta
just went to see them.Suprisingly only Asko offers 3 years warranty.Bosch is one year only.Bosch was more quiet than Asko on demo. Decisions, decisions? Do like the 3 years and like before Asko shelves are closer together like older model.The sales lady said its because sometimes you want them as close othervise load every second one( that is exactly what I was doing on my old Asko)Drying is also different on both.Anyone has Asko D3122? any comments? Thanks ( they have 100 off till mid March) thanks again..
Ours is the Asko D3251 tall tank model and I haven''t noticed the shelves being too close together. The unit has also been very quiet and efficient.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
We have a GE Profile Stainless Quiet Power 6 and it''s AMAZING. It is the quietest thing ever. I never even know when it''s on. It does a great cleaning job too. My parents have a Bosch and it''s great too. I would have to say the GE Profile is comparable to the Bosch in terms of lack of noise and lots of cycles to choose from.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,
I love our LG! It is great and does a super job in getting the dishes clean!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
How about Kenmore? anyone has used it? It is from Sears and has also good reviews.One model Elite 13792 ( Canadian Version) Also looks good with 3 years warranty parts and labour...Thanks to all of you..

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
my parents love their kenmore and it scored well in consumer reports.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I read it too Kenmore scored very well and apparently you don''t have to clan the filters it does it automatically.Do you know which one your parents have? and how old is it? I was looking at their top model now on sale elite13792 its about 1100 ( on special) 3 years parts and labour warranty.I have yet to see this one..Thanks

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry I don''t know; I think they spent $600. i am sure it will be great!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My parents have a Kenmore and it lasted for about 2 years before my mother said the dishes weren''t getting clean enough...but this is a woman who would rather actually wash every dish before she puts it into the dishwasher for an actual "thorough" cleaning. So I don''t think that my review here is reliable at all.

DH and I have a twin size Kenmore in our little kitchen (it''s half the size of a reg. dishwasher) and it''s perfect for two people. I maybe run it once every other day, but never wash pots and pans in it, only dishes/glasses. It has drainage problems sometimes due to DH not rinsing off his dishes well enough and putting them in and starting it up without letting me inspect first (ok maybe my mother rubbed off on me, but it''s true!)

Other than that, it''s lasted three years now and seems to still be going strong. We''re big fans of Sears Kenmore appliances.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a Miele and it was the top of the line at the time we built our house. Being used to my mom''s Maytag growing up, likely one of the first dishwashers ever made (not really but sure seemed that way!) I was literally washing the dishes before I put them in. I thought my machine was not cleaning well, and called for service. The guy said I was using either too much or too little soap, and since I was prewashing, the machine sensors were not detecting dirt so the machine was not functioning to full capacity. Go figure, a machine that has a brain! He also said that you have to be very careful about using any liquid dish soap on the dishes and then putting them in, because that kind of soap can ruin the machine...if it is not really totallly rinsed off.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results