shape
carat
color
clarity

Disgusting or delicious?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. Ick. Not a marshmellow fan.
2. Meh. I''m don''t think it''s gross, but I don''t think it''s delicious. More tolerable.
3. Yum! I do this when the scrambled eggs are dry or tasteless to improve them. But if the eggs are made well... no ketchup.
4. YUM!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2010 11:48:29 PM
Author: kittybean
1) Never had it, but it sounds like something I would like.

2) Yum.

3) Amazing. I cannot eat scrambled eggs without copious amounts of ketchup.

4) No thanks.

I also think that bread and butter pickles are extra gross. Dill only for me, please.

I don''t eat cereal with milk. I''ve always eaten it dry and love it that way, but a lot of people seem to think it''s gross. If I could, I would eat dry cereal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Yay for another dry cereal eater!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
It is also my go-to meal/snack. DH makes so much fun of me for it, but I agree that cereal is meant to be dry.

As for the original options, gross^4 for me. I don''t really like sweet, so fluff and and peanut butter/banana would be over the top for my tastebuds. Also don''t really care for salty, so ergo no taste for caviar (at least not the kind in my budget). Eggs taste just fine to me as is.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2010 11:13:48 PM
Author: katamari

2) Yum.

4) No thanks.

I also think that bread and butter pickles are extra gross. Dill only for me, please.

I don''t eat cereal with milk. I''ve always eaten it dry and love it that way, but a lot of people seem to think it''s gross. If I could, I would eat dry cereal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
It is also my go-to meal/snack. DH makes so much fun of me for it, but I agree that cereal is meant to be dry.

As for the original options, gross^4 for me. I don''t really like sweet, so fluff and and peanut butter/banana would be over the top for my tastebuds. Also don''t really care for salty, so ergo no taste for caviar (at least not the kind in my budget). Eggs taste just fine to me as is.
I love dry cereal too. I cannot have milk so as a snack, I''ll eat a handful of honey nut cheerios!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/20/2010 11:18:41 PM
Author: MC
Date: 1/20/2010 11:13:48 PM

Author: katamari

2) Yum.

4) No thanks.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I love dry cereal too. I cannot have milk so as a snack, I''ll eat a handful of honey nut cheerios!

Another! MMMM, honey nut cheerios are a great snack. Really, all cheerios are.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/20/2010 11:03:36 AM
Author: Bleed Burnt Orange

Date: 1/20/2010 9:18:14 AM
I also love durian (drum rolls please!!
36.gif
), oysters and something else that both Vietnamese and Philipinos love but I shan't tell you yet. Anyone other than VN or Pinoys care to guess?
31.gif
1.gif
Ballut?

I've had durian before, and I liked it. However, it was a long time ago, but I'm sure it wasn't as bad as Andrew Zimmern made it out to be.

Oysters....*drool* when I'm not very hungry, I like to just get oysters for myself at seafood restaurants! slurp slurp!
Very well done!
36.gif
In Vietnamese, we call it "Hot Vit Lon"

Durian is another acquired taste. DH used to hate it but he loves it now. Durian is *nowhere* as bad as AZ made it out to be. It has a very strong smell, some say pungent. Its texture is not too different from egg custard. I find AZ's fervent dislike of durian a bit weird, considering the horrible food the man puts in his mouth - like blood and worms for instant, ICK!!
14.gif
. But hey, he's free to say and eat or not eat whatever he wishes, LOL!

I LOVE oysters too. There's a really good oyster restaurant in Shanghai and they serve *the best* oysters, at a very reasonable price too. It's something like USD35 for 14 and every Tuesday they have a special whereby you also get three free small glasses of wine to go with the oysters, YAY!! I'm inclined to think that this is their "loss leader".

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
what is ballut?

there are tons of durian here but I haven''t bought one - the whole veg section stinks like them but I admit the stink is nowhere near what I thought it would be when I saw someone (not sure if it was AZ) talk about them on tv.

I also saw something even bigger than durian but dark brown, not splitting, and also covered in spiny things... kind of a big ovoid or something. No clue what it was - described it to my drive and he looked at me like I was nuts lol

Do you like the sea cucumber? it''s sooo popular here in Dalian. I tried it once in San Francisco and didn''t like it but I''ve told myself I must try it here *once* since it''s like the home town of sea cucumbers lol I''ll know if I don''t like it here I just don''t like it.

I didn''t like sea urchin either.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/21/2010 7:03:11 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
what is ballut?

there are tons of durian here but I haven't bought one - the whole veg section stinks like them but I admit the stink is nowhere near what I thought it would be when I saw someone (not sure if it was AZ) talk about them on tv.

I also saw something even bigger than durian but dark brown, not splitting, and also covered in spiny things... kind of a big ovoid or something. No clue what it was - described it to my drive and he looked at me like I was nuts lol

Do you like the sea cucumber? it's sooo popular here in Dalian. I tried it once in San Francisco and didn't like it but I've told myself I must try it here *once* since it's like the home town of sea cucumbers lol I'll know if I don't like it here I just don't like it.

I didn't like sea urchin either.
Ballut is something that really grosses DH out and this is a man that eats practically everything, even snakes (which makes my hair stand on end)!!

Yeah, durian is not so bad, ha ha!!

I think the thing you mentioned must be jack fruit. Is it really big, like about 2-3 times as big as a mid-sized durian (though it can get much bigger) and it has a slightly strong smell too, but the smell or rather fragrance is much more sweet?

No, I am not keen on sea cucumber. I mean I don't hate it but I don't really see the attraction. It's slippery and has no taste at all! Not so keen on sea urchin either - it's no biggie for me.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooohhh ooohhh, I have a new one for you guys: Has anyone here ever tried stinky tofu? Man, that is THE SINGLE MOST stinky food in the whole planet!! I refuse to go anywhere near that stuff!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 7:23:33 AM
Author: Phoenix

what is ballut?

there are tons of durian here but I haven''t bought one - the whole veg section stinks like them but I admit the stink is nowhere near what I thought it would be when I saw someone (not sure if it was AZ) talk about them on tv.

Do you like the sea cucumber? it''s sooo popular here in Dalian. I tried it once in San Francisco and didn''t like it but I''ve told myself I must try it here *once* since it''s like the home town of sea cucumbers lol I''ll know if I don''t like it here I just don''t like it.

Ballut is something that really grosses DH out and this is a man that eats practically everything, even snakes (which makes my hair stand on end)!!

I think the thing you mentioned must be jack fruit. Is it really big, like about 2-3 times as big as a mid-sized durian (though it can get much bigger) and it has a slightly strong smell too, but the smell or rather fragrance is much more sweet?

No, I am not keen on sea cucumber. I mean I don''t hate it but I don''t really see the attraction. It''s slippery and has no taste at all! Not so keen on sea urchin either - it''s no biggie for me.

so what IS ballut?? lol

Sea urchin - I tried it twice... it wasn''t the worst thing ever but it''s probably not something I''ll volunteer for again and I wouldn''t order it because I like it or something - but I''d have it again on a dare lol

jack fruit - that sounds about right...

I got some mantis shrimp today and it was not my cup of tea as they say... the fish I got was really good though.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/19/2010 4:10:51 PM
Author: Laila619

Date: 1/19/2010 3:59:15 PM
Author: elrohwen
Anybody else like dipping french fries in milkshakes? Specifically Wendy''s french fries dipped in a Frostie. Mmmmm
18.gif
That''s good stuff!!!

I knew a girl who dipped her french fries in ranch dressing.
14.gif
31.gif

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/21/2010 7:56:30 AM

Date: 1/21/2010 7:23:33 AM
Author: Phoenix

what is ballut?

No, I am not keen on sea cucumber. I mean I don''t hate it but I don''t really see the attraction. It''s slippery and has no taste at all! Not so keen on sea urchin either - it''s no biggie for me.

so what IS ballut?? lol

Sea urchin - I tried it twice... it wasn''t the worst thing ever but it''s probably not something I''ll volunteer for again and I wouldn''t order it because I like it or something - but I''d have it again on a dare lol

jack fruit - that sounds about right...

I got some mantis shrimp today and it was not my cup of tea as they say... the fish I got was really good though.
Ballut is a fertilized duck egg that is boiled and eaten when there is a little duck inside. It has little bones and maybe even feathers. That''s one of those things I might do a double take on trying.

I agree, AZ eats some crazy things, but I think he''s usually more turned off by weird fruits and veggies than meat!! He ate that putrified meat once I think. I am from Trinidad and I was really surprised he didn''t like the pig''s feet though. I mean, it''s not THAT weird, especially since he ate chicken''s feet right after that.

I LOVE sea urchin. Every time I order it, the waiter gives me an "are you sure" look. Oh...I''m sure! It''s creamy, salty, seafoody goodness! *drool*
18.gif

Anyone have iguana? I have. I eat the weird things. I just don''t have access to ALL weird things of the world.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
love all four

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results