shape
carat
color
clarity

Diomond input needed. thoughts? suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrcysco

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

Well it''s now my turn for the obligitory "what is your opinion on this stone" thread.
2.gif

So here goes:

I, like most everyone on here, wants to get the most bang for my buck. I''m on a budget of $4k or less for the stone. The diamond will likely be set in a tension setting so VS2+ is probably required. I don''t have a problem with fluorescentes, in fact, I think it''s kinda cool. :)

I think this is the leading contender

link to whiteflash .91ct diamond

. Report: GIA
. Shape: Round
. Carat: 0.91
. Depth %: 62.7
. Table %: 56
. Girdle: M-STK
. Measurements: 6.15-6.19X3.87
. Polish: Very Good
. Symmetry: Very Good
. Culet: None
. Fluorescence: Strong Blue

So does anything jump out at you? The depth seems a bit "on the edge", should I be concerned about that? Are there better values to be had for under $4k?

Also, what are people''s opinions of USA Certed? They seem to have some good prices as well.

Finally, when dealing with whiteflash, are the prices listed on their website the lowest price? Or, are there any aditional discounts to be had? (just want to make sure I get the best deal possible) :) Any reccomendations on a specific person to deal with at whiteflash?

-=marc

Here''s the setting I''m leaning towards:

TR_196.jpg

BunniBling

Shiny_Rock
mrcysco:

While I can''t speak to the spces of the RB you''ve chosen, I want to comment on the setting:

30.gif
WOW!
30.gif

It''s modern and classic at the same time; your GF will definitely stand out from the crowd. Love it!

-J

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
Well, that one is a tad deep and has an HCA over 2, which may or may not tell you something about its performance. Also, because of its depth (and also girdle thickness), it's sizing up a bit smaller. Here's one I found that may be a better performer and is also larger than the one you posted, even though it's a .9 as compared to your .91:

http://www.whiteflash.com/round/Round-cut-diamond-183227.htm#

If you don't mind bumping to H color, you may want to consider it.

ETA: I believe WF has a PS discount. Beautiful setting, btw!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can get a discount from WF for being a PS member. I think its either 3% or 5% depending on whether you choose an ACA diamond or not.

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
I second Hikerchick's BN selection.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does BN have an upgrade policy?

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 2:30:34 PM
Author: Maisiebelle
Does BN have an upgrade policy?
Maisie has a good point . . . I don''t believe BN has an upgrade policy so mrcysco, if an upgrade is something you think you might ever want, then stick with WF, GOG, JA etc . . . for myself personally, an upgrade policy was never important because though we might buy another diamond in the future we''ll never upgrade the e-ring diamond so upgrade policies are a personal preference thing, you can decide for yourself. Good Luck and let us know what you decide.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its a shame BN doesn''t let you upgrade. They sell some nice diamonds
1.gif

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 3:06:28 PM
Author: Maisiebelle
Its a shame BN doesn''t let you upgrade. They sell some nice diamonds
1.gif
I know, they should consider it. You have to do a little more work on their site, but I''ve come across some really nice stones there.

mrcysco

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I don''t think I care much about the upgrade since I''m going with a tension set anyway. What I care more about is the reputation of the dealer. Are there any vendors out that that I should avoid?

I think i''d be willing to drop down to a "H" if it meant getting a nicer cut and size.

This one looks really nice as well

link to .81ct whiteflash diamond

That thing is "ROUND"!

but I''m just not sure about the size. I''m not familiar enough with diamonds to know the visual diference between 6.19 and 5.97 :)

marc

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 3:46:53 PM
Author: mrcysco
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

I don''t think I care much about the upgrade since I''m going with a tension set anyway. What I care more about is the reputation of the dealer. Are there any vendors out that that I should avoid?

I think i''d be willing to drop down to a ''H'' if it meant getting a nicer cut and size.

This one looks really nice as well

link to .81ct whiteflash diamond

That thing is ''ROUND''!

but I''m just not sure about the size. I''m not familiar enough with diamonds to know the visual diference between 6.19 and 5.97 :)

marc
First, I don''t fully understand your comment on upgrade and tension set . . . an upgrade policy allows you to trade-up the diamond towards a bigger diamond in the future when finances might be better.

In my time on Pricescope, I have seen people have good experiences with BN, GOG, JA, SP, WF and a number of other smaller vendors, but the above are popular ones you cannot go wrong with. If an upgrade policy is not important to you, seriously look at the BN one I posted earlier, it looks like it could be a beautiful stone.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
BTW, a diamond that is off round by a few hundredths of a mm is still gonna look round. All the ones posted on this thread will look as round as a perfect round, I think.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 3:56:40 PM
Author: JulieN
Tension is expensive...upgrade=new setting.
Ah, okay makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results