shape
carat
color
clarity

Dinner Reception - Input Much Appreciated!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mayflower25

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies,

I''m flip-flopping with less than 5 months before my wedding date, and have 90% decided to switch my reception venues. I''m going from an outdoor, tented vineyard reception to an indoor hotel reception. Reason being is that I''m simplifying the logistics for OOT guests as well as trying to save a bit of money (tents are soooo expensive!). I''ve just decided that I''d rather spend more on food and beverages that each guest can enjoy rather than on decorations. Plus, a new luxury hotel just opened up in my city, and its precisely what I had in mind when I started wedding planning (1 1/2 yrs ago!).

Anyway, these are my plans: I''ve scaled my guest list to approximately 80 guests (expected attendance). Of those guests only 20 or so are our friends in their 20''s. I''m looking to host a cocktail hour with open bar followed by a formal seated dinner. I''m also planning on having live musicians to play "background" music throughout the evening. Now, is it necessary to have dancing and a DJ? Most likely, only our friends would dance, with family and older guests hanging around socializing. I''d like to keep this as intimate as possible, but am worried that guests might find it odd to have no dancing.

thoughts? thanks much!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I think it would be fine to not have dancing. In fact, there are instances where I actually think it is awkward. If only a few couples would dance, my guess is that they are likely to not because, no matter how much you love to dance, no one wants to be the only one doing it.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
It depends on your families. Last wedding I went to my family filled the dance floor with ages ranging from 70 to 8 years old. Us oldsters boogied and did some serious booty shakin' and the younger set did some break dancing. Even those that don't dance love watching others.

Don't assume only young people enjoy dancing but if you know your families are not the type to hit the dance floor a dj won't be missed. For many people weddings are the only chance they get to "cut the rug".

And when you like to dance you don't need company on the dance floor.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results