shape
carat
color
clarity

Dinner out in San Francisco...name your favorite place...

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We love to travel and I travel for business. I have some favorites in the places I go but always looking for suggestions...

For me in San Francisco..
1. The Grand Cafe
2. The Slanted Door

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Dinner out in San Francisco...name your favorite place..

I love lunch at Il Cane Rosso, next to The Slanted Door. We choose a variety of things to share, and then sit outside unless the weather is horrendous. The warm egg salad sandwich is amazing, and the polenta with sage butter fills in any spaces you might have left.

For a very upscale and fabulous dinner, Gary Danko, Spruce or Masa, but bring $$$$. We've had good experiences at Boulevard and The French Laundry. For wonderful creative vegetarian food, try Millennium--even the meat-eaters in our family loved this.

And if you do nothing else, go to Tartine Bakery first thing in the morning, pick up some almond croissants fresh out of the oven, get a bowl of cafe au lait, sit at the communal table and start the day off right! Sublime.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

Tartine Bakery has the BEST chocolate croissants!

April20

Ideal_Rock

Thanh Long (on Judah in the Outer Sunset). I LOVE those garlic noodles and the roasted garlic crab. I really like Betelnut for more typical Asian. It's been several years since I've eaten there, hopefully it's still good.

I ate at The Slanted Door once and that was good as well, though it was expensive night!

Ive eaten at a Greek place I really enjoyed a couple of times as well but the name escapes me and my friend Google isn't helping.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

April20|1314460266|3001556 said:
Ive eaten at a Greek place I really enjoyed a couple of times as well but the name escapes me and my friend Google isn't helping.

Is it Kokkari?

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have always wanted to try French Laundry..

We dud breakfast at Sears...but wanted to do the Blue Dot???? Is that correct? but it was so crowded...

tannet

Shiny_Rock

I don't eat red meat that often so when I go out to SF, I prefer to go to the House of Prime Rib!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

Boulevard is pretty good...downtown SF.

slg47

Ideal_Rock

Spruce and Limon Rotisserie.

April20

Ideal_Rock

centralsquare|1314461805|3001574 said:
April20|1314460266|3001556 said:

Is it Kokkari?

Hmmmm... I think it might be!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

This isn't dinner but my favorite restaurant when I visited was Dottie's True Blue Cafe. Most amazing breakfast of my life. The wait was a solid hour and you have to stand in the line but boy oh boy was it worth it.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock

BAR Tartine (near the Bakery) is my favorite. I think I may have had the best meal of my life there...though it was a couple of years ago.

Other perennial faves are The Slanted Door, Andalu and Luna Park.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Autumnovember|1314478849|3001986 said:
This isn't dinner but my favorite restaurant when I visited was Dottie's True Blue Cafe. Most amazing breakfast of my life. The wait was a solid hour and you have to stand in the line but boy oh boy was it worth it.

That is the place I was trying to remember. We wanted today there but didn't have the time to wait.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock

Mayk|1314482695|3002091 said:
Autumnovember|1314478849|3001986 said:

That is the place I was trying to remember. We wanted today there but didn't have the time to wait.

AH! I don't know how many days you are there for but if you have the chance, please go! Have the jalapeno pepper jelly they have there with the corn bread---toooooo die for.

Also, we are late sleepers so we went at peak time. I'd get there right when they open next time...doubt you'll have to wait an hour if you do that...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results