shape
carat
color
clarity

Dinner out in London- any recommendations?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Following on the overwhelmingly food related trend.....

Can anyone recommend their favourite London restaurant?

We NEED to go somewhere new.

Thank you!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
How fancy? There is a lovely vegetarian restaurant called "Mildreds" in Soho which I haven't been to in year but it's more of lovely lunch place than fancy night out. Otherwise as a complete contrast, have you been to "The Palm" in Mayfair? It's an American brand steakhouse that opened last year and does fantastic steaks if you're a meat lover. "Bank Westminster" is another I have been to a few times and liked -quite hidden away but when you walk through past the very long bar it opens up to a huge conservatory which looks over a courtyard with a fountain. The food is standard "restaurant grub" but the service is great and it's a lovely location.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Thanks JuneRose!

Fancy or not, I welcome all recommendations.

My personal faves are the mango tree in belgravia and Gordon ramsays (that one is £££)

Will check out the ones you say, I love steak and am always looking for great veggie recommendations to go to with veggie friends!

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Since you're looking for some place new, where else have you been?

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Champor Champor in London Bridge is amazing - but you must book in advance.

The Lobster Pot in Kennington does a fantastic line in seafood and has a most interesting ambience... run by a total nutter of a Frenchman. Took DH there for his birthday one year and loved it - recommend the tasting menus.

Patterson's Restaurant in Mayfair, is also very nice.

I use Toptable a lot and have found lots of good places that wouldn't normally be on my radar by using their special offers.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Gauthier Soho is AMAZING http://gauthiersoho.co.uk/ and very good value in my opinion. It got a Michelin star this year, within a year of opening, but is still quirky/informal at the same time. Without doubt my favourite London reastaurant at the moment. If you're a meat-lover, St John or St John Bread and Wine (its brasserie sister ) http://www.stjohnrestaurant.com/ are both superb too, and has some very English-English old-fashioned dishes (if that's something you'd like to experience).

Hope this helps! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results