shape
carat
color
clarity

Dilemma...Do I take my new rings with me or not?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
As many of you know, next month on February 14th my husband and I will celebrate 25 years of marriage. I recently received my new rings to commerate this event...a 1.21 cushion center stone in a gorgeous pave setting flanked by 2 pave WBs. Here''s the concern: we are leaving on the 21st of February for St. Lucia for 9 days and we will be swimming and snorkeling. Do I take my rings with me or leave them home?

I have not traveled very much with any amount of nice jewelry and am a bit nervous...BTW, they are insured by Chubb...

HELP!!!
emotion-20.gif

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
first ,Congratulations for 25th !!!
36.gif
36.gif

I always bring my e-ring with me when I travel .
but I don''t take some of ring which not insured.

do you have insurance with it?
if you don''t have insurance on the ring yet,
I would not take it .maybe put safty box at bank? or if your parents live near you
ask them to keep it untill you come back home?

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Hmm...good question!

I can see how you wouldn''t want to take that gorgeous cushion along on a snorkeling trip, nor would want to leave it in the hotel room.

It''s up to you. Perhaps you could just wear your wedding band and leave the new bling at home. It''s not worth being worried about it during your vacation and little adventures.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
My first suggestion would be to find out if there is an in-room safe available for you where you are staying. Take along only the items you have insurance for, and use the available safe. It''s highly unlikely you''ll have a problem.

I''d hate to be away on a wonderful trip and not have my jewelry to wear.
7.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2006 3:47:02 AM
Author: flower12
first ,Congratulations for 25th !!!
36.gif
36.gif

I always bring my e-ring with me when I travel .
but I don''t take some of ring which not insured.

do you have insurance with it?
if you don''t have insurance on the ring yet,
I would not take it .maybe put safty box at bank? or if your parents live near you
ask them to keep it untill you come back home?
Thanks!!!
emsmile.gif

And yes, I have the rings all insured through Chubb insurance...I am a bit concerned because the rings are a teeny bit loose now and I wonder if they will become looser cuz I will be in and out of the water there....I plan to do some laying on the beach, backpacking a little--well, a day hike, and lots of dancing...

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2006 3:47:43 AM
Author: Jelly
Hmm...good question!

I can see how you wouldn''t want to take that gorgeous cushion along on a snorkeling trip, nor would want to leave it in the hotel room.

It''s up to you. Perhaps you could just wear your wedding band and leave the new bling at home. It''s not worth being worried about it during your vacation and little adventures.
I appreciate you chiming in...See, I read somewhere that fish or other aquamarine life are attracted to shiny, sparkly things plus the rings are a teeny bit loose so I guess I wouldn''t wear them in the water.

I just don''t know what to do...I want to wear my rings!!!
emsad.gif
....but I don''t want to loose them or get them stolen...

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/31/2006 5:26:35 AM
Author: diamondlil
My first suggestion would be to find out if there is an in-room safe available for you where you are staying. Take along only the items you have insurance for, and use the available safe. It''s highly unlikely you''ll have a problem.

I''d hate to be away on a wonderful trip and not have my jewelry to wear.
7.gif
Great idea about finding out about a room safe...
emotion-15.gif
...I will contact my friend who is helping with the trip to see what she knows...
emotion-5.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
When we travel, I always use the in room safe and haven''t had a problem yet. I would take them and enjoy them on your trip, but don''t wear them in the water. Especially since they are loose on you. Have a wonderful trip Deanne and congrats on your 25th wedding anniversary.
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is really up to you. I think if it is a safe place and you have insurance you should be fine but some places IMHO it is not worth the risk. For example we are planning on going back to Colombia, SA in the next few years (I lived there when I was younger and really want to take FI there) and I am NOT going to wear it. Crime is pretty high there and I don''t want to be a target. (like most 3rd world countries) So I think it really depends on where you are going. I know nothing about St. Lucia but I imagine it is pretty safe since it is a popular vacation spot. I wish you 25 more happy years.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results