shape
carat
color
clarity

Didn''t use enough postage...can I reuse the envelope?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
I tried to send a standard-sized birthday card with a gift card inside. I''ve never had trouble sending that combination with the regular first class stamp, but this one was returned to me saying that I didn''t use enough postage. I''m not convinced it weighs more than a normal card.

Regardless... now I need to send it out again. The post office made a pen mark through the stamp on the envelope and stamped "Return to sender, postage due" on the front. Can I reuse the envelope and just add postage? I hope I can, because I don''t have extra greeting card sized envelopes lying around my house!!

Grr
20.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thats so frustrating! sorry, I just put on additional postage and send it off again. I've had a few times, where the sender didn't put enough, it still got to me, but the postman, waited until I paid him the difference...
40.gif

ETA: just a mini vent, I find it a bit double standard, though as I'm pretty sure I've sent out more than my fair share of Overpostage on cards, and mail pieces, but do they ever send you a check back
33.gif
lol.
20.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
You should be able to reuse the envelope as long as you stick enough postage on it.

Can I ask-was it a square card or another odd shape? They charge more for those shapes even if they don''t weigh a lot.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/28/2009 4:52:55 PM
Author: neatfreak
You should be able to reuse the envelope as long as you stick enough postage on it.

Can I ask-was it a square card or another odd shape? They charge more for those shapes even if they don''t weigh a lot.
No, it wasn''t a square or odd shape. It was just your run-of-the-mill greeting card. Must be a heavier gift card I guess...

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and since they crossed out the stamp I used, does it mean I need to replace that one AND add the extra postage, or can I just add the extra postage?

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/28/2009 4:52:27 PM
Author: D&T
thats so frustrating! sorry, I just put on additional postage and send it off again. I''ve had a few times, where the sender didn''t put enough, it still got to me, but the postman, waited until I paid him the difference...
40.gif

ETA: just a mini vent, I find it a bit double standard, though as I''m pretty sure I''ve sent out more than my fair share of Overpostage on cards, and mail pieces, but do they ever send you a check back
33.gif
lol.
20.gif
Really? You didn''t even send the card!!
20.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/28/2009 5:05:06 PM
Author: musincy

Date: 8/28/2009 4:52:27 PM
Author: D&T
thats so frustrating! sorry, I just put on additional postage and send it off again. I''ve had a few times, where the sender didn''t put enough, it still got to me, but the postman, waited until I paid him the difference...
40.gif

ETA: just a mini vent, I find it a bit double standard, though as I''m pretty sure I''ve sent out more than my fair share of Overpostage on cards, and mail pieces, but do they ever send you a check back
33.gif
lol.
20.gif
Really? You didn''t even send the card!!
20.gif
I know isn''t that ridiculous!... it wasn''t much but seriously
33.gif
hmmm next time, I wonder if they would just take one of my stamp... I shall try if it happens again...lol

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
I sent out a package to 8 people - 8 IDENTICAL packages, and all but one made it to their recipient. The other one was held hostage for 17 cents. How in the heck does that work. The same contents, the same weight, yet the postage was more for the one?

i don''t know if you can reuse the postage with a line through it. Good to find out - maybe call the post office and ask?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You cannot reuse the postage if it's been marked (even if returned). Sorry! But, you can reuse the envelope, so just put lots more stamps on around the ones that were postmarked.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/28/2009 6:48:25 PM
Author: MC
You cannot reuse the postage if it''s been marked (even if returned). Sorry! But, you can reuse the envelope, so just put lots more stamps on around the ones that were postmarked.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results