shape
carat
color
clarity

Did your FI help with the registry?

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Mine did not have any interest in it at all! So I asked him to take a peek at it to see if the linen was ok, or if he liked the china pattern or the towels, and he took about an hour and then told me he didn''t see any issues and he was happy with everything that was on it.

Later I checked to see if he''d added anything, didn''t see anything at first, but then noticed at the bottom he had added one thing: a model sailboat you can float in a pond, LOL! I love him.

kyce551.jpg

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
mine is showing no interest either. it''s good to know i''m not the only one who has a fiance who doesn''t really care about this stuff. i''ve showed him china patterns/linens/towels that i liked. his vetoed some but mostly said, "yea, that looks great." i think i''m going to end up registering solo...we shall see. his biggest concern seems to be that we don''t register for too much. we''ve lived together for several years & have almost all the necessities & he doesn''t want it to come across like we''re greedy for expensive gifts.

ts, did you set up your registeries online or in the store or both?

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Online for 97% of it. I had to add the china over the phone because Macy''s didn''t have all the pieces on the website and none in the store. I would say that FI is avoiding the registry because when shopping is at stake, he always defers to my opinion of something as he doesn''t trust his own taste (his taste is fine, I keep telling him). But he REALLY wants that sailboat!

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Laughing at the sailboat!

We did not do registries, but I remember about 4-5 years ago when a friend of mine was married, he and his fiancee registered at The Bay (department store), and Canadian Tire (um....auto stuff, home renovation stuff, and so on).

They had one of those long Jack & Jill showers with the opening of gifts on stage (ouch) but it was pretty entertaining to see them open a basket of tea towels and soup ladles, followed by an axe and a circular saw.

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
That''s too funny about the sailboat! My DH (then FI) liked taking things off he didn''t like instead of adding things.
20.gif

Treasure43

Brilliant_Rock
Too cute about the sailboat!

My FI will go into stores with me to register and then when we get home he''ll usually yay or nay things online a bit. Other than that he''s not super interested in maintaining them and adding stuff (which I''m kinda addicted to). However he was quite the registry stalker around our engagement party time and I heard lots of "look, honey! someone bought the_______"!, which I thought was humorous.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
My DH loved it. We went into BB&B and they gave him a scanner gun. He followed me and I would say we need this or that and he would aim and scan. It was a great game, he would see how far away he could do it from, covertly sneak up on the barcode and scan, etc. I would pick something, like dishes, and show him one I liked, he would either veto it or aprove and if it was ok, we scanned. Leter we went online and removed most of the gifts were were less concerned with getting since our wedding wasn''t that big. We kept a few of the things, including a very soft blanket that we got my DH won''t share.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just set ours up yesterday!

He was interested in the tools and kitchen electronics (the majority of our "wants"), I lost him at china
37.gif

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Love the sailboat! Ha! My FI was very interested in the registry actually. He is super into design and organizing and is also a bit of a shopaholic, ha, so it was a fun experience for sure. We didn''t register for very much since we''ve lived together for nearly 4 years now and have quite a bit of "grown up" stuff, but I can only imagine how much would be on there if we needed more stuff!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
FI was very into the registry--he''s a very picky (he would say discerning) person so he''s very into the idea of a list of stuff we''d actually want. I think he was more particular than I am over most of the stuff!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband was really into the registries while we were at the store picking out things. He got to scan the items, so I think he was happy. I ended up checking the registries online afterwards and adding a few things along the way. He didn''t get involved in that though.

I love the boat your FI picked out!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH can cook fairly well, so he was interested in picking out kitchen gadgets and pots and pans. He also didn't mind looking for sheets and towels. The china, not so much. Overall though, I think he thought it was fun going to pick everything out.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I just set up my registry today! FI went with me to the store the first time around to figure out what we need and what we like. He had some opinions -- mostly the same as me.

Today, I went by myself to do the actual scan-machine-wielding.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
He helped me on the stuff he cared about. We needed to have an agreement on the dishes, the bar-glasses, the linens, the silverware, and some other stuff. We actually spent several hours in the store figuring this out.

He really let me choose all the kitchen supplies. He just cared about the stuff that would be on display.

ts44 - I am not sure where you registered at, but my FI would totally put him on the registry.

Lady Pirate - I would use the same word to describe my FI.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
This is what my FI really, really wants. If no one buys it for him, I will
9.gif

FImolcajete.jpg

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
FI likes the idea of free stuff, but not actually having to participate in the selection process. So, I told him that we weren''t registering, and that was that.
5.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Those are some cool picks from the future hubbies! My FI is helping with the registry, but there isn''t anything that he specifically picked out himself. Then again we haven''t started the Target registry yet and I''m pretty sure once we get that one going, he''ll be picking out all the Wii games and movies and stuff!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results