shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you weight yourself before your fitting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
I did, and now i really have to make sure i dont gain or lose anything.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Ha! I did too... but turns out,I ended up losing INCHES, but the stress made my weight stay the same. I had to get emegercey alterations to bring the dress in around the busom waist etc.

I''d take some measurements too.

Just as a friendly reminder.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
No way, i never get on the scale. As long as my size 4 pants fit and im not too cottage cheesy than i am happy.
No scales for me though
19.gif
28.gif
26.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Yup... I know what I can no longer go over.

My BFF, who had a DW, had to wear her DH''s socks in the bust of her dress because she lost so much weight.
38.gif
I will not let that happen, not to mention everytime I see her, she says, "Are you eating helathy?! Just remeber what happened to me!!"

tlh

Ideal_Rock
OMG! I couldn''t even imagine!
Date: 3/12/2009 2:34:14 PM
Author: meresal

My BFF, who had a DW, had to wear her DH''s socks in the bust of her dress because she lost so much weight.
38.gif
I will not let that happen, not to mention everytime I see her, she says, ''Are you eating helathy?! Just remeber what happened to me!!''

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nope. I measured myself, though.

Weight is a pretty inaccurate indicator of size.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Just FYI, this isn''t that big of a deal. I wouldn''t recommend gaining 20 lbs or try to lose 20 lbs, but that''s why you have a final fitting a week or two before the wedding. Don''t drive yourself crazy looking at a scale! I ended up losing about 5-10 lbs due to stress between my last and second to last fitting. It was a lot on my 5''2" frame.They made some last minute adjustments and it was perfect on my wedding day. My dress had beading all over and they had no problem making the adjustments. Seamstresses are amazing!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock

38.gif
I will not let that happen, not to mention everytime I see her, she says, ''Are you eating helathy?! Just remeber what happened to me!!''
OMgosh that scares me! I''m sending my dress to the other side of the world! I don''t flucuate that much but still! can you imagine!

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
so if i were to lose ormore by my second fitting its ok ? should my final fitting be very close to the day of the wedding ?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 4:33:38 PM
Author: tlh
OMG! I couldn't even imagine!

My BFF, who had a DW, had to wear her DH's socks in the bust of her dress because she lost so much weight.
38.gif
I will not let that happen, not to mention everytime I see her, she says, 'Are you eating helathy?! Just remeber what happened to me!!'

Yeah, when she turned to the side, you literally could barely tell she was there. I'll try to find a picture. She was already a "picky" eater, but this was just scary.

Bliss:
Just as an fyi (and not to scare you by any means!!
4.gif
), my BFF lost a bunch of weight the last two weeks before the wedding. With it being a DW, she was so so stressed about everyone traveling and having a good time. Hers was in Mexico, but yours is still a DW as well, I would recommend maybe making a "tentative" appointment for a last minute fitting with your alterations person a week or so before you leave, if you think that stress could cause something like this... because once you get there, the odds of getting last minute changes done, is probably very low.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 4:57:37 PM
Author: CrookedRock

38.gif
OMgosh that scares me! I''m sending my dress to the other side of the world! I don''t flucuate that much but still! can you imagine!

I would pack some of these http://www.secretweapons.com.au/chicken_fillets or one of those silicone or water bras just incase - they are fun to play with at any rate.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
I know corset backs are a bit trendy for some of the people here, but this is EXACTLY the reason I went with one for my dress! 3 weeks to go and the weight is practically falling off due to stress - but the dress WILL fit!
9.gif

No, I didn''t weigh myself before my final fitting, but thankfully there is no need to. I''ve been trying not to weigh myself, as the number seems to stress me out even more!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 11:26:28 AM
Author: jsm
I know corset backs are a bit trendy for some of the people here, but this is EXACTLY the reason I went with one for my dress! 3 weeks to go and the weight is practically falling off due to stress - but the dress WILL fit!
9.gif

No, I didn''t weigh myself before my final fitting, but thankfully there is no need to. I''ve been trying not to weigh myself, as the number seems to stress me out even more!
My friends dress was a corset back. Have you been trying it on as you loose the weight?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 11:34:08 AM

9.gif

My friends dress was a corset back. Have you been trying it on as you loose the weight?

I would still advise caution as this is not always, a friend of mine also had a corset back but she lost a fair amount of weight before the wedding and the dress was slipping on her, if she lost even one more centerimetre it most likely would have fallen off - you couldn''t even tell it was a corset back anymore that is how tight she tied it.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
No, I did not weigh myself. I don''t own a scale. I''ve been essentially the same weight since high school, so I''m not too worried I''ll fluctuate. The only thing that might throw me off is if I get pretty sick--based on prior experience, pounds drop off me in days, it is very hard to gain them back quickly, and I look totally emaciated. I am really hoping that doesn''t happen!

When I want to know whether I''m on the heavier or lighter side of my normal range, I try on my skinniest jeans and see how they fit.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 11:34:08 AM

9.gif

Last time I tried it on (last weekend), the laces were noticeably tighter but thankfully there is still plenty of room to go! I''d still have to loose 2-3 more inches to have something to really worry about. And if that''s the case I''d probably be so excited to have lost three inches I wouldn''t really care.
1.gif

Also, I have been lucky in that I''ve been loosing in my hips and stomach area, and not my boobs. I had to have the seamstress take in the hips AGAIN, but if those are loose on the day of, that''s okay!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock

38.gif

OMG this story made me LOL - I can just imagine the socks inside the wedding dress...I''m sure it wasn''t funny for your friend at the time, but its definitely a funny story.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results