did you kiss on the first date?

• yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
did you kiss your hubby on your first date? would you advise someone to kiss on the first date? whats your experience?

if you kissed after your first date, how did you end your first date?

what do you think about a kiss on the cheek for a first kiss, is that acceptable as in not too desperate looking? what if your first date is during the holidays- ie new years eve?

i had kissed on the first date before i met my hubby but found out that it wasn't for me and that it made me look too easy and desperate...so when i met my hubby i made him wait til the 2nd or 3rd date (can't remember which one)- i know so bad!!!)

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I voted no--FI was a prude--we got nowhere until like our 3rd date!!! And I made the moves! LOL
28.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I voted no also. My DH and I dated for quite a while before we actually kissed. We are both take it slow kind of people.

*M*

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Another no...we took it pretty slow but it was SOOO worth it!
30.gif

ETA: In one of the courses I'm currently taking the professor's father is a minister. He's told us stories about how his father wouldn't kiss his mother until they were engaged!!

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
my friend and her fiance didn''t have a first kiss until the day of their wedding!!!!!!!!!!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Another no, DH and I kissed on our 2nd (or 3rd) date. The first day we went out could be considered 2 dates. Once during lunch/early afternoon and another time at night. Thinking back about it is pretty funny - we couldn''t wait to see each other again!
3.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I voted yes, but our situation was a bit different. FI and I met and then didn''t see eachother again for about a month. During that time that we were apart, though we talked on the phone for at least 6 or 7 hrs a day, so by the time we got to our first in person date it was sort of like we''d been dating for a while already.

E B

Ideal_Rock
The second date.
2.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
My ex ff (?) and I didn''t kiss till, like, date number 4. And then I made him wait forEVER for anything more than that. I wasn''t sure if I was into him and wanted to get to know him better. Should have listened to the ol'' first instinct, I guess!

Never on the first date! Second or third... third if it''s a real kiss.

But if you wait till your wedding day, then what if he''s just an awful, awful kisser... You know, like he licks your face or suctions onto your nose or whatever. Wasn''t there a S in the C episode about that?

Gosh. Then you''d get only lousy kisses for the rest of your LIFE. Aaarrgh!

32.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
8 months after we started dating when he took me home from the prom.

I was 15, he was 17 when we started dating, and were each others'' first SO''s, both shy kids, take it slow, and I was very cautious because I had seen several friends emotionally hurt quite badly by boys who didn''t take physical affection seriously.

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
i guess i''m the odd woman out so far.
we definitely kissed on the first date.
i spent the night that night and basically never left. we''re now happily married!
to each her own!

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
how did you all end your first date if you didn''t kiss?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I''m REALLY surprised by all the "NO"s! FI and I DEFINITELY kissed on the first date! We had instant chemistry and I remember thinking he was very smooth as we walked across the parking lot after the movie and he slipped his arm around me and planted a kiss squarely on my lips without me even seeing it coming! It "broke the ice" if you will, and definitely paved the way for me knowing I wanted to see him again. We actually did quite a lot kissing on the first date! Maybe because I was 25 when I met him and not 18? To each her own...

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Nope. We dated casually for 8 months (yup, 8 months) before decding to become a couple and officially start dating. We had our first kiss then.

Before that, I would just thank him for the good time and walk through my door. We were 18/21 and in no hurry to rush things.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
We never really had a date, as we just met in Europe at a hostel...where time just seems to work a bit differently. We kissed on the night we met and became intimate the next night. I am normally not so..er...rushed, I swear!
6.gif
But I was so attracted to him, figured I was traveling and felt like throwing caution to the wind. I still joke to my friends that I have no idea how my intended one night stand became my husband.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2006 6:15:44 PM
Author: anchor31
Nope. We dated casually for 8 months (yup, 8 months) before decding to become a couple and officially start dating. We had our first kiss then.

Before that, I would just thank him for the good time and walk through my door. We were 18/21 and in no hurry to rush things.

Like Anchor, we dated for awhile (like maybe 4 months) before we were offically a couple, and during most of the time all we did was hug. He would walk me to my door, we'd say what a great time we had and then I'd get the greatest hug ever.
28.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m thinking that age does have something to do with it? It seems pretty normal to me that when you date in your 30''s and the date goes very well, it may end in a kiss? And if not the first, at least the second!

Maybe I''m easy?
3.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Crap, is it bad that I don''t remember? Since our first "date" included a completely bitchy friend of mine, it was impossible.
1.gif
Second date, totally. Only because the time wasn''t right the first date!
2.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The night we met we exchanged a short kiss. On our first official date we kissed...er...for quite a while longer. We were both very attracted to each other and I have nothing against kissing early
2.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
not my hubby, but didn''t kiss him until one week after we were "official." I was getting very antsy!

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
Well, I voted yes, but it wasn't an "on the mouth kiss." We crashed in front of a movie on his couch at the end of a very long day of hiking on our first date... Snuggling only : ) At one point during the movie he kissed my forehead. And that was as far as we got for 3 months. Goodness, this made me absolutely crazy! I wanted more, he kept making me wait. This was not my typical kind of speed. But, after 3 months of really getting to know one another, we decided it had been long enough. But, those forehead kisses still make me feel as loved and special as it did the 1st night.

Aussie : p

ETA: we ended our date that night with a big hug... wasn't akward, just comfortable, full of anticipation and excitement!

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
We also had unusual circumstances. I also met FF online, so we had done a lot of bonding before we ever met in person. Our first ''date'' consisted of him staying with me for 4 days, thanks to the distance.

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/10/2006 6:32:41 PM
Author: TravelingGal
I''m thinking that age does have something to do with it? It seems pretty normal to me that when you date in your 30''s and the date goes very well, it may end in a kiss? And if not the first, at least the second!

Maybe I''m easy?
3.gif

i wonder if this is true, traveling gal? my husband and i were in our thirties when we met. we had a great date. we both saw potential. we both knew what we wanted and saw no reason to wait.

easy, not easy, who knows? bottom line, you''re happily married. so am i. nuff said.

Princes

Rough_Rock
i voted no. i made him wait about 4 wks before I even told him I liked him. lol We were "friends" (no benefits). I REALLY liked him but was fresh out of a nasty relationship that he was fully aware of and I wanted to take some time for myself.

I KNEW I had the best thing EVER standing in front of me every night after hanging out, a REAL man who would respect me. I knew I couldn''t let him go and that I couldn''t hold out being with him any longer. Its been almost 2yrs, we are planning to get married and I cannot wait! We are best friends and get along GREAT!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2006 8:22:04 PM
Author: novia

Maybe I''m easy?
3.gif

i wonder if this is true, traveling gal? my husband and i were in our thirties when we met. we had a great date. we both saw potential. we both knew what we wanted and saw no reason to wait.

easy, not easy, who knows? bottom line, you''re happily married. so am i. nuff said.
I think age is a big factor. I was in high school at the time, so a lot of it probably had to do with fear of the unknown KISS!! But I don''t think kissing on a first date makes a person easy at all. Perhaps they just know what they want and when they want it, haha!

*M*

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2006 8:22:04 PM
Author: novia

Maybe I''m easy?
3.gif

Well, I was kinda easy in my 20s too...hehehe. Actually, I''m kidding...I was never a prude, but I didn''t give myself away for a long time. I just didn''t think the men I met in my earlier life were worthy of me!
9.gif

We''re probably just more practical in our 30s. A lot less game playing than what I remember in my 20s. (not insinuating that not kissing on the first date is game playing, btw.)

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Hehehehehehehehehe! Wow, many of you are VERY good girls! Good for you! Uh, I voted yes...AND we were young (15 and 17). We''ve just always had a strong chemistry...I don''t just mean attraction, either. Soul mates sounds hokey, but, we''ve been going strong for 16 years - 11 1/2 of those married and three kids later! This is a fun and interesting thread. I love hearing about how so many different people make their relationship work. Just goes to show that there is no right answer.

aussiegirl23

Shiny_Rock
We waited for a bit (3 months) because I''d made a pretty big mistake with someone a very short time before I met my now fiance. He knew the guy (who turned out to be an absolute ass who treated me like crap) and wanted to make sure I felt safe, happy, confident, and non-man hating (which I really wasn''t) before we did anything remotely intimate. He also said he wanted to distance that unpleasant experience from our time together -- and it worked. I had at least some time to think, heal , and settle myself, all the while getting to know my new guy. Sure, it was probably still a complete rebound, but he''s lasted a good long time : ) It may seem strange to some, but worked for us.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/10/2006 8:49:48 PM
Author: Miranda
Hehehehehehehehehe! Wow, many of you are VERY good girls! Good for you! Uh, I voted yes...AND we were young (15 and 17). We''ve just always had a strong chemistry...I don''t just mean attraction, either. Soul mates sounds hokey, but, we''ve been going strong for 16 years - 11 1/2 of those married and three kids later! This is a fun and interesting thread. I love hearing about how so many different people make their relationship work. Just goes to show that there is no right answer.
Oh all right, maybe I was just a good girl... we were both 15. I understand the chemistry thing... I think of it as a deep understanding. I just "get" him, always have, and he is the same way with me! Guess it''s a good thing we got married then, haha.

*M*

biblobaggins23

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/10/2006 8:50:11 PM
Author: aussiegirl23
We waited for a bit (3 months) because I''d made a pretty big mistake with someone a very short time before I met my now fiance. He knew the guy (who turned out to be an absolute ass who treated me like crap) and wanted to make sure I felt safe, happy, confident, and non-man hating (which I really wasn''t) before we did anything remotely intimate. He also said he wanted to distance that unpleasant experience from our time together -- and it worked. I had at least some time to think, heal , and settle myself, all the while getting to know my new guy. Sure, it was probably still a complete rebound, but he''s lasted a good long time : ) It may seem strange to some, but worked for us.

thats how i felt. i''ve made stupid mistakes and gave myself away really early on in relationships and it ended up making my relationships based more on intimacy than friendship. so i wanted to avoid that mistake and wait til i was sure he was a good guy and not in it for sex, but for a real relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results