shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you hear the one about the homeowners who foreclosed....

megumic

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Did you hear the one about the homeowners who foreclosed

Love it.

April20

Ideal_Rock

Classic! Just goes to show how screwed up the banking system is! Some family of mine had their home foreclosed on last year and not only had they never missed a payment, they'd never been late on one! They decided that fighting wasn't worth it when the bank refused to return any calls so they walked away. They felt they had no choice. It was a rather raw deal.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock

Wow, that is ridiculous. There seem to be so many cases of US banks getting it wrong when it comes to mortgages. We are considering buying a vacation property in Florida, but I have to admit articles like this are scaring us off. It looks like there's no way to be safe from the banking system. Its a shame.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

S-U-H-W-E-E-T!!!

That was ingenious. Absolutely inspired. And wonderfully executed.

They have my amazed and awed admiration. :appl: :appl: :appl:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ha, that's fantastic!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Little enough real justice in the world, but this is a classic little corner of it. Great stuff.

The real question is who owns your note and who has the right to foreclose on it, since in many instances it has been sold and resold a jillion times. As old as mine is, I suspect mine has been tranched into too many tiny pieces to count. But hopefully with some discipline we should have our house paid off in about 3 years. Hopefully, no bank will try to foreclose on it then. Of course if they do, I will forclose right back. I have the inspiration now. ;))

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That makes me mad for those poor people! That sure must have felt good to do that. Perfect comeuppance.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock

Every time I think about this story I start to smile. What's the saying? Karma's a .....?

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock

LOL!

If you would have told me when I was a kid that big banks would go around trying to steal people's homes I never would have believed it.

Their whole "point" is you have to pay your mortgage whether it's "upside down" or not, whether you've been the victim of mortgage fraud or not, etc., yet they feel no obligation to act in a "moral" way whatsoever, apparently.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love that story! I wish the homeowners could have collected some big bucks (really big) for being put through that! Maybe
next time the bank will do a little more investigating before they foreclosed on a house.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock

That is awesome! What a nice foreclosure story... (for a change)

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock

See, lawyers aren't so bad after all... :naughty:

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

April20|1307372100|2938932 said:
Classic! Just goes to show how screwed up the banking system is! Some family of mine had their home foreclosed on last year and not only had they never missed a payment, they'd never been late on one! They decided that fighting wasn't worth it when the bank refused to return any calls so they walked away. They felt they had no choice. It was a rather raw deal.

Beyond sad, scary, and enraging. I probably would have burned the house to the ground before just walking away from the fight.

holly sparkle

Shiny_Rock

Oh I love this!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results