shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you have some serious ring stress AFTER he bought the ring YOU picked out?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

broadway

Rough_Rock
I''m really new here, but I really need an opinion.

Quick situation brief:

My bf and I have been looking at rings for about 2 months. Did at least 4 sit down and try on rings at different places. KNEW what I wanted. Went to jeweler last weekend and picked out our final stone and setting and paid and it will be here tomorrow. !!!!!

All of the sudden I am freaking out! I feel like I wasn''t even paying attention to the actual diamond while we were putting it in settings. And I know I was, but all of the sudden I''m going crazy about the ratio of my EC. It''s smallish, so there''s not a lot to deal with, but I keep picturing a long and skinny stone in my setting, but I know we picked out a shorter, fatter on. Very average. What is going on?

My question is:

Did any of y''all freak out and think you made the wrong choice and don''t know what to say? It''s set and they don''t keep stones in their building (except a few) so they''d have to have some delivered and go through it all again. That seems ridiculous... do I tell my bf?

HELP! I can''t sleep! Thanks so, so much!
33.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I freaked out while I was waiting to get mine too. I think you should wait until you get it. If you''re still not happy with it, then I would definitely say something.

My stone is k color and I LOVED it in the store and couldn''t see any yellow at all. After we bought it and I was waiting for FI to propose, though, I started picturing it as really really yellow and I started freaking out that I was going to hate it even though I was the one who picked it out. As soon as the ring was on my finger I saw just how off my memory was.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I was involved in the whole process picking out the stone and setting and I freaked out over it quite a few times. I still don''t have it yet and a little worried, but yes you are not alone there is other crazy people out there
9.gif

Beth07

Rough_Rock
I went with him to look around. We were just looking until we actually found something we were both excited over. All I know is that he put it on hold, did some research and then went back with a critical eye to look at it again. Now, magically, a few weeks later I find out not only did he buy something, it is in his possession already too! I know even when he doesn''t sneak a peek he gets worried about what it looks like, then he goes, takes a glance and is reassured. Stressed?

Knowing all this is makin me freakin nuts~
32.gif

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
My guy very very recently bought my ring. I was involved in the process, and PS helped a lot in terms of the knowledge that is available through the forums and the education pages.

He picks it up in a few weeks and I am not allowed to see it until it is finished (He is a bit upset that it''s not a surprise, he''s very sweet and traditional)

And he is as calm as anything and says it is the "perfect ring" for me.

I, on the other hand, am freaking out.
I wonder if we rushed when picking everything out, I wonder if I really examined it hard enough.
I keep imagining that it is going to be nothing like I remember. haha

I spoke to my boyfriend about it, and he reassures me that is IS the PERFECT ring for me.
He is so sure of the fact that we picked out the best ring for our budget and tastes, so I am trying not to worry.

I am worried now and I feel like I didn''t spend long enough examining it....

But based on how calm and sure he is, I know that when he puts it on my finger - it will be absolutely perfect.

But, for now, I will continue being paranoid.
31.gif

broadway

Rough_Rock
Oh, thank god. I seriously felt so crazy. I''m very glad some of you feel the same way!

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
I am worried, after looking at the pics on the other forum, that the ring I picked is plain.
I don''t know what''s wrong with me!!!

It''s lovely - white gold tiffany setting and a BEAUTIFUL diamond. We got the absolute best diamond we could.

I know that it really looks lovely.

There''s just a weird part of me that goes "But, isn''t it a bit plain?".

I am driving myself insane.

HELP!!!
23.gif

havernell

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2007 3:23:47 PM
Author: bronniejade
I am worried, after looking at the pics on the other forum, that the ring I picked is plain.
I don''t know what''s wrong with me!!!

It''s lovely - white gold tiffany setting and a BEAUTIFUL diamond. We got the absolute best diamond we could.

I know that it really looks lovely.

There''s just a weird part of me that goes ''But, isn''t it a bit plain?''.

I am driving myself insane.

HELP!!!
23.gif
I love plain solitaires (and deep down you must too if you picked it out!)

But, if after wearing it you still think it''s too plain, there''s an easy fix- get a blingy wedding band to sit next to it!! No more plain!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I felt that too after we ordered it. The cut is AGS "excellent" and not "ideal" and I adored it in the store, but I started having second thoughts later... Until I saw it again.
2.gif
It has a 1.8 HCA, so no worries!

When you''ll see it, you''ll fall in love with it all over again.

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all your replies!
I am starting to feel better.

36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I definitely did! At first I kept obsessing over it thinking that I needed to have *that* ring for the rest of my life. Later I realized that most people change at least the setting and that I wanted to someday upgrade the center stone. This kept all of those thoughts away about me thinking that it had to be perfect since it was *the* ring. I think there is a lot of pressure picking out a ring for a lifetime.

Oh my god girl I completely understand! I went through/ am still going through the same thing! Even tho we were at the jeweler forever i still feel that i was not paying enough attention, i was blinded by all the bling. Im afraid that when he finally proposes he is gonna open that box and i am gonna think "this is what i picked out?" We picked the ring back in october so i mentioned something to my bf in dec. and he said "well its too late now" haha not the answer i wanted but he is right. I wouldnt say anythin to ur bf. If you picked it out you must have liked it and saying somethin to your bf would just cause unecessary drama for both of you, trust me!

I''m really new herre too by the way!

P.S Dont worry! it will be ok!
2.gif

broadway

Rough_Rock
YES! It did turn out well! Fabulous, actually! The ring is perfect of course! My two main concerns were I didn''t pay enough attention to the L/W ratio and that we had gone too small on the stone.

I was very wrong! I love everything about it and I''ve already had a few self-concious moments about the size in our social circle. We''re a pretty simple, outdoorsy, and casual group and showing it to my girlfriends it seemed too big! Who''d have thought????

Thanks for all your reassurance!!!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results