shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you ever feel anxious and lonely in this Covid19 outbreak?

Aerielle Max

Shiny_Rock
Hey guys,

How is everyone? I dont know if I could share this here - I just wanted to breath a little.
17.gif

I hope all is going well with you guys. I, myself don't feel good, I begin to ruminate things when this Covid19 started, especially during lockdown. I have this feeling that it is unsafe to go out, thinking what if the person I meet is infected, what if the places I go is contaminated. I also feel it is unsafe to have the vaccine even it is approved and rolled-out to the public. I am really worried of what will happen tomorrow. How can we survive all of these things?

I do smile and laugh,...but deep inside I have this anxiety if we ever gonna be real safe...
2.gif

Did you also feel the same way?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Yes, as far as the pandemic. We've stayed very isolated and it takes a toll. If I lived alone, this is the time I'd get a pet to keep me company. I think they do help people so much.

But as far as the vaccine, I will get it as soon as I possibly can.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very anxious because my DH likely has a thyroid cancer diagnosis and we are in Covid limbo re the biopsy and surgery. Complicated by the fact he also needs his parathyroids removed so not just thyroid removal and he needs many tests leading up to this surgery.

His surgeon has been exposed to Covid so my DH's biopsy (supposed to have originally taken place December 15th) has been delayed til January 6th. Tentatively scheduled for January because that could be postponed further if his surgeon is unwell or the hospitals are forced to close to non emergency surgery. We wait while g-d forbid the cancer grows. I am very worried and anxious and I suspect anyone would be given these circumstances.

I can deal with the isolation Covid has brought but now that the threat of my DH's health is under fire everything seems much worse. :(

I don't feel lonely however. I have my DH here with me and the cats and while I miss my loved ones (parents, sister, nieces and friends) I know we will see them again hopefully in the not too far future. I speak to them via phone and for now it is OK.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I am very anxious because my DH likely has a thyroid cancer diagnosis and we are in Covid limbo re the biopsy and surgery. Complicated by the fact he also needs his parathyroids removed so not just thyroid removal and he needs many tests leading up to this surgery.

His surgeon has been exposed to Covid so my DH's biopsy (supposed to have originally taken place December 15th) has been delayed til January 6th. Tentatively scheduled for January because that could be postponed further if his surgeon is unwell or the hospitals are forced to close to non emergency surgery. We wait while g-d forbid the cancer grows. I am very worried and anxious and I suspect anyone would be given these circumstances.

I can deal with the isolation Covid has brought but now that the threat of my DH's health is under fire everything seems much worse. :(

I don't feel lonely however. I have my DH here with me and the cats and while I miss my loved ones (parents, sister, nieces and friends) I know we will see them again hopefully in the not too far future. I speak to them via phone and for now it is OK.

MIssy, I'm so sorry you both are having to go through a health crisis during the pandemic. It is difficult and trying enough during regular times. It really has exposed so many glaring issues in our health care system. Also, good vibes and healing vibes headed your way!

Last edited:

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I have asthma and immune issues and my mom, who is 82 has copd. My husband has health issues as well and we are both 57, and all of that really makes it hard not to worry. I have anxiety and depression issues and the pandemic certainly hasn't helped with that. I try to remember that I can only control my own behavior and realize that living this way won't be forever.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MIssy, I'm so sorry you both are having to go through a health crisis during the pandemic. It is difficult and trying enough during regular times. It really has exposed so may glaring issues in our health care system. Also, good vibes and healing vibes headed your way!

Thank you so much @siamese3.

I have asthma and immune issues and my mom, who is 82 has copd. My husband has health issues as well and we are both 57, and all of that really makes it hard not to worry. ,I have anxiety and depression issues and the pandemic certainly hasn't helped with that. I try to remember that I can only control my own behavior and realize that living this way won't be forever.

Sending you lots of good wishes and gentle hugs. This is a challenging time for so many. Looking forward to better times. I hope everyone in your family remains well and A OK. (((Hugs))).

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lonely?
Never.
As introverts my SO and I have loved the excuse to be alone together.

Anxious?
More concerned and annoyed by all the new hassle than anxious.
We observe all the CDC guidelines religiously, and then some.
I suspect that reduces the anxiety for us.

Last edited:

inne

Shiny_Rock

I am so sorry. I'll be thinking of you guys and hoping for the best outcome.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m like Kenny. I’m enjoying not having to go out. My husband and best friend are extroverted and are going crazy. My hubs worries about every sniffle, every delivery, the mail, everyday life. I’m really not worried at all. Both of us rarely leave the house.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so, so very sorry to hear about Greg's health. This is super tough & I wish there was something i could do to help.

Fingers firmly crossed that his Dr isn't poorly & can crack on with Greg's biopsy & any treatments ASAP. Huge hugs to you both. You know where I am if you need to vent x

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lonely, no, as I am used to spending time on my own with just the pets for company.

I did miss going out for meals and to social and cultural events, and still do.

I have been in situation s when I felt anxious, for being too crowded and people no respecting social distancing or wearing masks.

DK :))

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Lonely?
Never.
As introverts my SO and I have loved the excuse to be alone together.

Anxious?
More concerned and annoyed by all the new hassle than anxious.
We observe all the CDC guidelines religiously, and then some.
I suspect that reduces the anxiety for us.

Kenny, this made me laugh! My DH says he has been practicing for acceptable social distancing his whole life.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yes the anxiety is getting to me, my neighbor came over to ask my hubby for a favor, he came in the house and I got quite anxious about it...how messed up is that you cant even socialize with your neighbor for 10 minutes...I am just so over it...I am a introvert and its even getting to me...lonely you betcha...hubby is currently home till January 2nd due to a shut down at work and he is getting on my every last nerve....I will never make it when he retires next year....

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should add that although I was not able to frequent my favourite pub in town in person, I did help to set up a virtual pub page in March 2020, when the management of the pub decided to close a week early before they were forced to close by the government (they have another pub in another town nearby, and also another one that was due to be opened).

While they were running around to sort out an online shop and work out the logistics of local deliveries to serve 3 towns and surrounding villages, they asked if I could help with setting up a virtual FB page for the regulars of the pub, and I did.

The page continued to be active even when the pub was re-opened back on 22 Oct 2020, for it to close again due to the second lockdown 2 weeks later.

The pub is still shut, and the regulars are supporting each other via the virtual pub page, which can be quite fun and entertaining at times. It is definitely a way to keep the spirits up, especially with the festive season just around the corner.

DK :))

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was anxious in the beginning about how the pandemic would play out. Now I'm annoyed, angry, frustrated, churlish, pouty about the entire thing with moments of self-indulgent whining about the inconvenience of it all. That's how I cope.

What keeps me grounded is seeing the suffering of so many people due not just to getting ill but loss of jobs and homes. There is in excess of 65 million unemployment claims filed in the US and a potential 48 million people who may be homeless soon because they can't pay their rent when the covid eviction protection expires.

And here I sit in comfort, free from financial worry, grateful for my good fortune and feeling guilty because of it, and helping as much as we can those in my community who are not as fortunate as are we.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh @missy I am so sorry. I'm very hopeful its encapsulated. :( My heart breaks for you both!

@Aerielle Max I do the best I can every day. I sometimes do have those moments of where the anxiety of all of this just gets to me. But we're all a work in progress and the pandemic has tested us all.

I don't go out very much either, the things I did enjoy I don't anymore. And yes I treat people as if they're diseased (which may not be too much of a stretch where I am!)

The pandemic has left its mark. I don't see us going back to where we were before this.

Rons Wolfe

Shiny_Rock

Oh that's scary! You and Greg are in my thoughts, praying for a good result from treatment!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yes, I am lonely for my family. I fully understand the restrictions but that doesn't ease the sadness I feel because we cannot hug each other. Honestly it is surreal that I cannot see my elderly Mother for Christmas. Anyway.

@missy take care of each other. I am sorry to hear of further delays about Greg's biopsy. Your plate is overflowing.

kind regards--Sharon

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@missy -thinking of you and Greg. I hope everything works out and the biopsy happens soon.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@missy sending you well wishes, I’m so sorry about the circumstances, I hope everything works out. Take care and gentle hugs from afar.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have now added Greg's doctor to the people to worry about
hang in their @missy you are both in my prayers

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey guys,

I do smile and laugh,...but deep inside I have this anxiety if we ever gonna be real safe...
2.gif

Did you also feel the same way?
Nope, We still GTG with our family and friends. The only difference is I'd wear a mask out in public and carry a little bottle of hand sanitizer in my pocket. This pandemic is not gonna end like tomorrow so I just live with it. If I hide under my bed I'll die from mental illness.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy , Hope everything goes well with Greg. Big Hugs to you guys.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
@missy Sorry to hear about your DH, health related anxieties definitely take a toll. Would you consider going with another surgeon to have the procedure sooner? Sending positive thoughts your way!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Sorry to hear about your DH, health related anxieties definitely take a toll. Would you consider going with another surgeon to have the procedure sooner? Sending positive thoughts your way!!

Well the most important thing is getting an excellent surgeon. Hyperparathyroidism is not exactly a common disease so finding a surgeon who does many hundreds per year is preferable. I guess I’ll see what happens. NY hospitals just closed to all elective procedures but so far cancer surgeries are on the schedule. Should that change I guess I’ll consider the NJ surgeon again but they could close as well..

Thanks for your good wishes!❤️
Same to you and your loved ones. XO.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy sorry to hear about Greg I hope he will be ok, prayers for full recovery

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I've started having nightmares about going to do normal daily activities (like to the gym, having friends over without masks, other things we've been avoiding) and exposing myself to covid :-/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results