shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you do anything special to conceive?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. We had sex every day for 10 days in a row both times we conceived. That is not our norm :halo:

I also familiarized myself with my fertility signs and took part in the TTC forum here on PS.

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
StacylikesSparkles|1354045864|3316678 said:
DH and I are planning to get started on babies next year (probably after summer, but earlier if I can talk him into it lol) and was wondering if you had to do anything special to conceive. I'm going to be 30 in 3 weeks and despite talking with my doctor (she thinks I will have no trouble) I still worry that it's going to take some extra effort to get pregnant. Clearly I'm ahead of the game here, but I'm just trying to prepare ;))

Do anything special? Um...light some candles...pour some wine ;-)

I kid. I was 32 when we started trying. I am also one of the lucky ones who got pregnant on our first try. And by first try, I mean "we had sex once". Ya. I know. Super lucky!

If that hadn't happened, we would have tracked my temperatures to try to pinpoint ovulation and then do some good old fashioned pre-planned and un-spontaneous "it".

:) Good luck!

StacylikesSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1354139203|3317698 said:
Yes. We had sex every day for 10 days in a row both times we conceived. That is not our norm :halo:

I also familiarized myself with my fertility signs and took part in the TTC forum here on PS.

Lol...ok, gotcha! Well that doesn't seem like such a bad thing to me :D

MuffDog|1354156264|3317959 said:

I kid. I was 32 when we started trying. I am also one of the lucky ones who got pregnant on our first try. And by first try, I mean "we had sex once". Ya. I know. Super lucky!

If that hadn't happened, we would have tracked my temperatures to try to pinpoint ovulation and then do some good old fashioned pre-planned and un-spontaneous "it".

:) Good luck!

Good to know that lighting some candles will do the trick ;-) DH just bought me a copy of TCOFY from Amazon last night and we really had a GREAT conversation about things, so now I will be pacing the floor waiting for the book to come in! I also talked with him more about going off the pill now, as opposed to staying on until right before we want to start TTC and he seemed to understand that and the need to start charting. I think he is a bit nervous, because even if we wait until we originally mentioned (after summer of next year) that is still only 9 months away, which is NOT a very long time. Last night was a 'putting things into perspective' kind of night and I'm really excited about everything that is coming! :appl: :naughty: :o :love:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
MuffDog|1354156264|3317959 said:

Ha, I forgot about the wine. Yeah, I had some wine over dinner, which made me say "hey, since nobody gets pregnant the first month they try, we should try this month, even though we don't really want to try until next month."

That did the trick.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results