shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you cry during your Proposal?

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
?

if you are waiting, do you think you will cry?

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I will.
9.gif
I''m a crier. Lol.

A

Anonymous

It was sort of in front of strangers (he had them snap a picture of us on a cruise under the bay bridge and nobody knew it was happening until he dropped down on one knee) so I didn''t cry *during* my proposal...but in the moments after when we weren''t being gawked at and congratulated by the people around us, yes.
5.gif

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I''m sure I''ll cry. I always cry at sappy movies. I even cried when my friend told me her proposal story lol. I know I''ll cry!
3.gif

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I did a little. I am not a crier or very sentimental, but I did tear up for a bit. My DH worked so hard to make it perfect, I think it was that more than anything. He asked if I was surprised at all and I told him of cpourse, or I would not have worn mascara.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. And then about ten minutes later he started crying too.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yes. It was an extremely emotional moment
30.gif
I tear up just thinking about it!

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
LOL! No, I was thinking "the bastard! Everybody is staring at my butt in this skirt! - run fast off the dance floor". He proposed after our tango song at swing dance night :)

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
I cry about everything.. lol.. I''m a very emotional person.

I was so happy to see my setting today.. and I wanted to cry. lol

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
At first I got teary-eyed and then I actually cried a bit as he was proposing, but it was all very happy tears! He got teary too at the end!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a big time crier but I didn''t cry when he proposed. The only words I said were "are you going to get down on your knee?" and "yes." Then I realized we were standing in the middle of a sidewalk on a not-so-good side of town and I said "is this ring insured yet?"

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2010 10:28:05 PM
Author: Sparkly Blonde
LOL! No, I was thinking ''the bastard! Everybody is staring at my butt in this skirt! - run fast off the dance floor''. He proposed after our tango song at swing dance night :)

Haha I didn''t cry. I punched him in the arm and called him a jerk for doing it behind my back! We actually already had our wedding planned and booked, I just didn''t have the physical ring because he was in Iraq while everything unfolded. I picked out my own ring and he said we would go in and pick it up it together in a city 90 minutes away the weekend after he got back from his deployment. He ended up taking a day off while I was working and went there and surprised me at with a proposal when I got home.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't cry - I was just shocked and I completely froze and the only word I could stutter out was "really?!" with increasing enthusiasm for the next five minutes. FI has since told me that while it was very cute, "really" really isn't the right thing to say when someone asks you to marry him...
39.gif
37.gif

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
I dont know if I will. I am a big cry baby, but usually only for bad things. But proposing, well I get goosebumps just thinking about it :)

But I cry when I am tired, angry, sore, hungry, disappointed, grumpy, or any other really negative emotion. Not really about good things ever
4.gif

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Sort of. We were both kind of crying and laughing at the same time. For me, it was one of those weird moments where I got all tingly and emotionally overwhelmed.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Most definitely I will. I am a big crier hahaha

Bellafelis

Rough_Rock
I will probably cry. Or swear. I''m hoping I cry, since that''s only slightly less embarrassing, but whenever I''m shocked or surprised I cry or swear or both. Hehehe.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
oh i cried! it took me a minute to realize what in the world was going on, since my oh-so-not sentimental DH wasn''t even really asking me to marry him, he was just standing there with a dog who had a ring on his collar waiting for me to figure it out.

after i got finished saying, "are you serious? is this seriously happening?" i started to cry. he then got a bit emotional, too. he says because he was so happy to see me so happy
2.gif

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think I would. It takes a LOT for me to cry. My last relationship (my ex-husband) sort of ruined crying for me and I am still sort of locked up in that way. He was either mean or made fun of me when I cried
20.gif

that said, I HOPE I do!!!

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
I''m pretty sure I will. I tear up at just about anything... happy things... sad things... frustrating things... The women on my mom''s side of the family(myself included) are a bunch of cry babies. There''s this hilarious picture of my family from my cousin''s wedding when she was dancing with uncle. Its my mom, my 2 aunts, and my 2 other female cousins and we''re all sobbing. My one aunt (mother of the bride) started crying and the rest of us just burst into tears. It''s an epidemic.

But idk, my tear ducts tend to surprise me and will start up in moments I didn''t expect them to and then will be dry as can be at moments where I am very sad or upset.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
My tear ducts are also very unpredictable. I can cry at very little things - sentimental commercials (the ones about animal abuse get me EVERY time), movies, or simply feeling happy/sad. But sometimes when something really big happens (good or bad), or I really want to cry, nothing. So I''ll have no idea until it actually happens, I guess.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
35.gif
I did!

It wasn''t even a total surprise (I knew it was coming, we had started planning the wedding already, the ring was being made - one asks why there was a proposal at all? Well, Mr P wanted to maintain his "proposal rights"!) but the way he proposed was so sweet and funny and whimsical, and I definitely didn''t expect it right THEN!

Also, I cry at everything
4.gif

Funnily enough, I didn''t cry at our wedding though. That too was sweet and intimate and whimsical, but I was so happy I just grinned like a goon.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I cried a lot when he proposed and I still get teary when I think of it. It was so sweet and we had been waiting so long for that day so I was just overwhelmed with so many happy feelings and emotions so I cried happy tears. I love thinking about it and re-watching the video (he had someone record it on camera).
1.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, didn''t cry. It''s surprising because usually I cry at EVERYTHING!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
No I didn''t cry. I''m generally not a crier though so I didn''t expect to.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I would bawl, but I didn''t. I did cry, but not immediately. In fact, my FI was the one with the waterworks. At one point, he was like, "Why am I crying harder than you?" It was funny.

I really was quite overwhelmed, which I kept telling my FI. I kept saying, "I just can''t believe it," which was weird since the proposal was not unexpected. The ring blew me away, for sure, since I had not picked it out. I remember thinking, "Oh my God, I get to KEEP this!"

The day after, I was extremely emotional. It was almost as if it hit me after all the adrenaline wore off. I cried a few time during the day at work just thinking about the proposal and the fact that I was going to marry the most wonderful man in my world.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I proposed to him, and I teared up while doing it. but I wasn''t bawling which was a good thing or else he wouldn''t have understood what I was asking. "stop mumbling. I can''t understand you..."

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, I did. As soon as I realized it was the real deal, while responding, I did. I''m not a weepy type person, but, because of how much I love that man...it was happy. I know I''ll cry during our wedding too.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think I''ll cry. For some reason, I think I''ll be in complete disbelief and I''ll ask him if he is kidding hahaha.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results