shape
carat
color
clarity

Did you buy a mega millions ticket? And

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you win what would you buy/do with the money?

I have not bought a ticket and probably won't.

But maybe I will...

winningcalvinandhobbes.gif

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
First thing, tithe. Then I’d buy one-way tickets outta Florida for me and my family. :lol: It’s too stinking hot here.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First thing, tithe. Then I’d buy one-way tickets outta Florida for me and my family. :lol: It’s too stinking hot here.

Hahaha I support your decision completely. And am with you. Cannot tolerate any extreme temp. cold or hot. And donating to charity is always worthwhile right?

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha I support your decision completely. And am with you. Cannot tolerate any extreme temp. cold or hot. And donating to charity is always worthwhile right?
We live 20 minutes from the coast so it’s really humid here. Just ick! We want to go to Colorado. But unfortunately (and fortunately) my husband has almost 25 years at his job and there is only one office for the company. So no relocation until a) he retires or b) we win the Mega Millions. :lol-2:

This is today’s weather:
40977D28-6F0A-4598-B09E-CC0E90E7A6A5.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We live 20 minutes from the coast so it’s really humid here. Just ick! We want to go to Colorado. But unfortunately (and fortunately) my husband has almost 25 years at his job and there is only one office for the company. So no relocation until a) he retires or b) we win the Mega Millions. :lol-2:

Sending you mega dust!!!
fairy%20dust.gif

And I love Colorado. It's a great place. But it is so far from the ocean...ugh why do I love the ocean so much. It would be so much cheaper to live further from the coast. I need some megabucks too so we can relocate to the California Coast...Ca here we come...
1896249wrr738gi7w.gif

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would give it away to causes I'm interested in via a foundation that I would set up and run.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would give it away to causes I'm interested in via a foundation that I would set up and run.

Would you spend any of it on yourself?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you spend any of it on yourself?
I'd keep some aside for practical things and travel and probably one extravagant jewelry purchase but would get the most pleasure giving it to worthy causes.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you know what that one piece might be?
Nope. Some of the potentials would be a piece with historical provenance (like that killer peachy/orange diamond ring from M. Antoinette's collection) or a custom made piece with a superb quality gem (tsav, diamond, or paraiba).

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't play, but my hubby does. I would hope he'd agree to give a good bit to various worthy causes. I've often dreamed of starting up a soup kitchen.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t because I don’t want that much money. Seriously. Curse of the lottey

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know, I've often thought that. It could EASILY ruin a person.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought one last night but of course didn't win. I would enjoy gifting friends and family with gifts and/or money for something truly unnecessary and decadent. You would have to find charitable causes to contribute to - no one could possibly use that much money! I do think lives have been ruined with excess money - lottery winners, sports and entertainment figures to name a few. I have been blessed in many ways and am happy to say that I am content. Still, I buy one every so often just for the dream factor - the chances of actually winning are slim to none!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Give most of it away (to Veterans, food bank yanno) --but not before buying the "large" Tiffany hardware necklace and bracelet. And some small custom cut DIF Cut by infinity diamonds for stud earrings. :P2

cheers--Sharon

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll buy 10 tickets tomorrow.

Reactions: AV_

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
Question for those who do/will play: Do you pick your own numbers or let the computer do it for you via quick pick?

We usually are quick pickers.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have have bought tickets before but I never win anything, so I probably won’t. I really think it would destroy my family if I won. It would take away my kids drive to make a life for themselves, and I have already had issues in my family with addiction.
If I did ever win anything, I would have a wonderful time giving it all away anonymously. I would love to sit back and watch if you could make a difference in someone’s life. That is exactly why I would never win because that makes it too much about me. I would enjoy that though.
I love to watch “my lottery dream home” on HGTV. You could persuade me to buy a home in Carpinteria, CA, or Hawaii, but I am quite content living in my non beach home too.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
if you win promise to buy me that Tiffany hardware 18K gold necklace and bracelet. Consider it charity.:mrgreen2:
No problem. ;)). FYI , one time I bought over 300 tickets and didn't even hit a penny.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well it's your...err...I mean, our turn.:saint:
I check my lottery tickets once every 3 months after I accumulated about 50-60 tickets. I don't expect to win so I don't check my tickets very often.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I check my lottery tickets once every 3 months after I accumulated about 50-60 tickets. I don't expect to win so I don't check my tickets very often.

I must have 10 tickets in my wallet. I am not very faithful either.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always spend lotto winnings even though I hardly ever buy a ticket. :lol-2:

I would buy at least 1000 acres and have local guys build a log cabin/home right in the middle. Then I would have them build a large facilities so I could adopt rescue horses. Pay off all our siblings homes. Pick a local congregation that needs a building and have it built. Big donations to all our local veterans groups.

And then one great big Victor Canera antique round or cushion ring in an E color with a matching antique/deco style bracelet.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. Sadly I didn’t win. I’m buying some for Friday.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, in thinking about it, I would buy one extravagant thing. The Asscher ring I have pined after for years. like a 5-6 carat.
love1.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It depends on the individual. I think the people who win who have bad luck/suffer poor consequences after the fact experience that because of their poor decisions of what to do with the money after they win. They do not have the financial expertise and make poor choices and deal with the consequences of those choices. I bet (haha bet) if one of us were to win the lottery we would not have the same bad experience. IMO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Question for those who do/will play: Do you pick your own numbers or let the computer do it for you via quick pick?

We usually are quick pickers.

We play once every few years and always do it with quick pic.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just asked dh to buy one ticket today. I mean you cannot win if you are not in it or I think it goes something like that haha.
If we were to win I would

1. Give lots of money to my parents so they could live the rest of their lives without worrying about money.

2. Give lots of money to my sister and her family so they also do not have to worry abut money ever again.

3. Give lots of money to all our favorite charities and then some.

4. Buy a beautiful home on the sunny west coast right on the ocean and move all my family out there too.

5. Open an animal sanctuary like the now defunct Peace Plantation and save all the animals we could.

6. And of course buy some extravagant piece of bling but I have no clue what yet. The fun is in the thought and search. Will save that for when we win the lottery. :halo:

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would give a chunk to breast cancer research, animal charities, and children's charities. I might also buy some new machinery if my area hospitals need more MRI machines or other machines. Whatever they need. Maybe the VA could do with some up-to-date equipment. I would also give money to my entire extended family.

For myself, I would buy a small-ish but high-end apartment in Manhattan. I actually don't want a large house. Too much work and maintenance. Yes, I know you employ people, but you still have to project-manage, and be OK with strangers in your space. I'd rather have a very nice condo with high-end finishes.

I'd buy new clothes, but I don't like expensive designer gear and shoes.

For jewelry, I'd buy a few pieces from Tiffany and Kiki McDonough, totaling about 50k. I'm not sure I would buy a very large diamond. I have a CZ that's the equivalent of 3 carats and I'm not sure I'm crazy about that size on me. I like more delicate pieces with a bit of design. I'd probably buy the ribbon and Soleste rings from Tiffany, though, with central diamonds of about 1.5 carats.

So really, nothing too crazy. Small-ish condo, new non-designer clothes, and a bunch of small-ish jewelry.

Just occurred to me, that this is pretty much what I have already!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results