shape
carat
color
clarity

did you attend college to study the subjects you love or...

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: did you attend college to study the subjects you love or

I always wanted to do veterinary but I didn't get in straight from school so I did an honours science degree which I loved and then I worked for a few years before going back to doing veterinary. I have one year to go before I graduate. I'll make a good living and I love it so I'm quite lucky in that way.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Re: did you attend college to study the subjects you love or

My parents weren't very involved in my choices. I started out studying graphic design and art direction, but hated the advertising environment, so I switched to law. I passionately pursued environmental law (I'm still finishing my LLM in environmental law) but then ended up taking a higher paying job in a commercial law firm. My boss was a nightmare, I hated every second and I was forced to quit because I was diagnosed with a chronic degenerative illness at the age of 25, and the stress I was subjected to was literally killing me. I still want to follow my dream and do something related to environmental law, but I'm not sure if any firm will hire me, because I'm sick. I'm also not sure if practicing law is the best way forward for me.

People always say "A law degree is so valuable, it opens so many doors etc etc..." It's all bullsh*t, because if you don't want to practice law, you can't do much with a law degree, and with every second person choosing to study law, the job market looks pretty dismal.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results