carat
color
clarity

did i miss the memo? leon mege moissy ring

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
7.5k for the setting, .5k for the center stone :lol::lol::lol:
just surprised he is working with simulants but i do think a high quality moissy is nothing to sneeze at :mrgreen2:

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He was a total jerk when I inquired about that ring. I had also asked about one of his diamond rings and he basically suggested that I probably can't afford a diamond ring if I was inquiring about a moissy. I was like What?!?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He was a total jerk when I inquired about that ring. I had also asked about one of his diamond rings and he basically suggested that I probably can't afford a diamond ring if I was inquiring about a moissy. I was like What?!?

what? no! then WHY DID HE MAKE IT?!?!?!?! my husband and i were talking earlier about the "artistic genius" stereotype....sounds like he's a contender.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It sounds like he’s just a contender for the arsehole stereotype!! Why ever make something if you’re only going to diss your potential customers for inquiring after it??

_dracarys_

Shiny_Rock
Jewels by Grace had a different Leon moissanite ring on her IG yesterday. I thought she was diamonds only too.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow @Starfacet
I hope he was just having a bad day and will apologize. Hopefully this isnt a characteristic of his deportment.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow @Starfacet
I hope he was just having a bad day and will apologize. Hopefully this isnt a characteristic of his deportment.
Apologize? He also berated me for making too many inquiries (I've made maybe 3-4 over the course of 10 or more years. Guess he was mad that I didn't hire him to set my Jubilee years ago) and now I think he's blocked me from even looking at his site!

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what? no! then WHY DID HE MAKE IT?!?!?!?! my husband and i were talking earlier about the "artistic genius" stereotype....sounds like he's a contender.
I suggested to him that even people who can afford diamond rings (obviously not me!!) might want a moissy for travel or just because they like it. He scoffed at that. He's too much.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all, 8K is WAY too much for that ring! And second, it's unacceptable that he was rude to you when you inquired about this piece, @Starfacet. Not cool.
Thanks, yeah, I'd never consider using him for any custom creation after the way he talked to me. There are too many other nice designers out there who are just as talented.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like his products, however I do not believe I can work with him as I have strong personal preferences that may not gel well with his need for artistic freedom and control.

DK :roll2:

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to let y'all know, I had inquired online last December about a ring on his site (I was unable to log in to his site so I sent an online inquiry) and his assistant responded asking for my mailing address. I gave it to him and he responded with an invoice for the ring I inquired about!!! It was over $40K. I was inquiring about the setting only. I never implied that I wanted to buy that ring. Weird!!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like his products, however I do not believe I can work with him as I have strong personal preferences that may not gel well with his need for artistic freedom and control.

DK :roll2:

I think you can have a need for artistic freedom and control and still be nice to your customers about it ;)2

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you can have a need for artistic freedom and control and still be nice to your customers about it ;)2

I held back from using the wordings "arrogance" and "lacking in customer focus".

DK :evil2::mrgreen2:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that’s a lot! I’ve never heard anything nice about him.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
:-o Wow, I am shocked at the comments made about this designer, I have never done business with him but now I am certain that I will never want to!! :hand: He has some gorgeous designs but I was taught that you don't bite the hand that feeds you.. Not everyone goes by that saying.. @Starfacet that is insane that you were treated that way!!:angryfire:

Thanks for posting this!=)2

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:-o Wow, I am shocked at the comments made about this designer, I have never done business with him but now I am certain that I will never want to!! :hand: He has some gorgeous designs but I was taught that you don't bite the hand that feeds you.. Not everyone goes by that saying.. @Starfacet that is insane that you were treated that way!!:angryfire:

Thanks for posting this!=)2
Thanks for your kind words. I still feel really slimed by the phone conversation I had with him. For all those who were treated courteously by him, great! My money's not good enough for him apparently. I'm still blocked from looking at his site. The hilarious thing is that I can still see his stuff on Instagram. Great designer. Terrible attitude.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I called him once to see how to pronounce his last name and he said real haughty and impatient, “Is that all?” :lol: It was the way he said it. This was years ago and I can still recall his tone and condescension.

I might still consider working with him though. I give a wide berth to genius but difficult people. I’m married to one... once you get their quirks, you can work with them.

Most true genius people are weird.

Taurus2313

Brilliant_Rock
@Starfacet Maybe you just have to catch him on a (Good day?). But it goes without saying having an attitude of gratitude makes a huge difference in the way we approach others!:saint: And then there is that Karma thing, lol..:P2 Still sorry that anyone has to be treated that way and talked down to in that manner especially when it isn't necessary!

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I called him once to see how to pronounce his last name and he said real haughty and impatient, “Is that all?” :lol: It was the way he said it. This was years ago and I can still recall his tone and condescension.

I might still consider working with him though. I give a wide berth to genius but difficult people. I’m married to one... once you get their quirks, you can work with them.

Most true genius people are weird.
I don't think I can give him my $ after emailing back and forth with him. I would much rather give it to Victor Canera or Steven Kirsch. The weirdest in a good way is our own @Rockdiamond. He makes me laugh so hard I want to give him money just for the laughs, well and the bling. I love him to death.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not call him again. When I called to inquire abut a setting I had the same feeling as another poster. I felt slimed. Before I hung up I tried to get through the awfulness so I said that I already had one of his rings and loved it. That seemed to calm him down and he was marginally kinder. Bottom line, he should stay in the back room and let someone else answer the phone.

skywind

Rough_Rock
Premium
Just to let y'all know, I had inquired online last December about a ring on his site (I was unable to log in to his site so I sent an online inquiry) and his assistant responded asking for my mailing address. I gave it to him and he responded with an invoice for the ring I inquired about!!! It was over $40K. I was inquiring about the setting only. I never implied that I wanted to buy that ring. Weird!!

I am very sorry to hear your experience.
I have read some complains about LM from PS forums, so I never called him, and started to contact him via emails. I was trying to get a quote for a setting but he didn't give me any info once he knew I will provide my own center diamond. I do like some of his designs, so I emailed him again later, and asked for help to reset my password when I was unable to login to his website. The reply I received is something like "this is beyond their programming skills"??!! This is so wired. So basically they cannot help. I feel they just don't care too much about potential customers. Personally I would hesitate to choose LM for any of my future projects.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I keep seeing an ad for him on Facebook that says "The world's most affordable engagement rings". Huh? :think:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results