color
clarity

Did I find my stone? GOG August Vintage Cushion

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
So I think I may have found my stone !!

http://goodoldgold.com/diamond/8726/

Its a GOG AVC at 0.92ct K VS2 AGS 000
Please let me know your thoughts and if theres anything that sticks out about this one. The ASET images look pretty good- plenty o' red :) Should hopefully be a very good light performer. I was hoping to get closer to the 6mm+ spread size for the stone, but I think it was just not going to happen with my budget unless I got a very basic solitaire setting which isnt realy what I want...compromises it is I suppose. I know she would be ok with a plain solitaire setting, but I also know she would rather have a pave setting. Im currently looking at the Vatche Fifth Ave and Corsica with pave settings. If they dont work within my budget, I'll probably go with a setting from WF like the Harmony or the Legato Sleek Line pave.

Shape: Cushion
Carat Weight: 0.92ct
Color: K
Clarity: VS2
AGS Cut Grade: Ideal
AGS Light Performance: Ideal
Optical Symmetry: August Vintage
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Fluorescence: None
Lab Report: AGS
Lab Report #: 104054139009
In House: Yes
Width: 5.76mm
Length: 5.94mm
Depth: 3.77mm
Table Percentage: 48.13%
Depth Percentage: 65.49%
Crown ∠: 40.07°
Crown Depth: 20.65%
Pavilion ∠: 38.96°
Pavilion Depth: 37.83%

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at that ASET! Spectacular!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
The stone is fabulous! Congratulations.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That stone is amazing! Congrats on a great eye! Can't wait to see it set!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
the stone is beautiful but you may see some warmth and that may contrast with the pave in a manner that is not pleasing to you. the pave will appear 'whiter' because of the nature of the optics of smaller diamonds, so this may cause your diamond to appear more tinted.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Be sure to post pics once it's set !

smokey99

Shiny_Rock
slg47|1317427201|3030163 said:
the stone is beautiful but you may see some warmth and that may contrast with the pave in a manner that is not pleasing to you. the pave will appear 'whiter' because of the nature of the optics of smaller diamonds, so this may cause your diamond to appear more tinted.
Definitely something ive considered and a gret point. The stone appears to face up very white in the pics so ill have to see what it will look like with a pave setting. Im also going to go with white gold which looks a little warmer too

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results