shape
carat
color
clarity

Did anyone have to return an Internet Diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back in the days when I/we bought my diamonds/e-ring, your choices where B&M store, catalog showroom, or diamond districts/jewelry marts in San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York etc. Now with the Internet, I can see why the "specs" are so important since you are trying to visualize what a stone looks like from these "specs" before you purchase. My question is, has anyone purchased from an Internet vendor and had to return the stone because it wasn''t quite what you thought it was? What were the circumstances? Just curious. Thanks.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe MMM returned her Princess to GOG because it wasn't eye clean enough for her. She was well within the 30 day return policy so all went smoothly. She also got a new Princess from GOG and is super satisfied. You can see more about it at Show Me The Ring.

JennyN

Rough_Rock
I returned a princess cut a couple of months ago. My situation was that I did just enought research to be dangerous before deciding on the diamond.
1.gif

I chose the diamond primarily based on its size and cut. When I got the diamond, I realized that although its carat weight was larger than those of several friends' diamonds, it didn't look larger. It had a very thick girdle & was hiding a lot of weight there.

Had I not jumped the gun so quickly, I would have studied the stone's dimensions and found the problem beforehand if I'd compared them to slightly smaller stones here on PS. Lesson learned!!!

The vendor I dealt with was super nice. They walked me thru the entire process of returning it (FedEx in several boxes, separate insurance, etc.). I will tell you that it was hard to send it back because the diamond was gorgeous, but I just felt I could do better with more time & research.

Good luck to you.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
SuperbCert has a rock solid (no pun intended) 10-day return policy on un-set stones. I am considering purchasing a stone from him right now and I would feel very comfortable in having it shipped to me for a look-see. Becasue I live very close to NYC, where SuperbCert is located, I actually went to see the stone in person (GORGEOUS
love.gif
), but if I don't buy this one, the next one I'll have shipped to me for convenience...traffic into NYC is murder! I have total confidence, and it would just be so convenient. Just make sure to go over the policy and the procedures for shipping back if you need to with any vendor--very important to follow the procedures, which are not complicated.
1.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I guess technically. I couldn't decide between two so I had both sent to an appraiser, looked at both, took one and sent the other back. I had paid for one in full before that.

Had this particular vendor accepted credit cards without surcharge, I would have been just as comfortable buying both, looking at them at home and sending one back. However, with wire transfers it was a hassle and I needed an insurance appraisal anyways.

kitkat5

Rough_Rock
We bought two pears that seemed matched on paper, dimensions, size, color, etc... but weren't the same at all in person. Blue Nile has a hassle free 30 day no questions asked return policy. Great service, talked us through the whole process. Insurance on the return shipping was pricey, but understandably so.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
I purchased and returned two from two different PS vendors (I'm sure that won't make me popular). Never had a problem. In one case, the stone had a little more leakage than I wanted, it seemed like a little more than the IS images the vendor had provided. In the other case, I just decided when I saw it that I wanted a slightly larger stone, but not larger enough for the upgrade policy the vendor offered.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results