shape
carat
color
clarity

Did anyone esle send virtual Save the Dates?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jojolh

Rough_Rock
We created a wedding website and sent an email to all of our guests with save the dates. Should I follow up with a phone call or another email to make sure they got it. I did ask they respond to my email with their current mailing address so I was hoping that would help track it!

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
I am not engaged/planning a wedding, but my BF and I just received a save the date by e-mail. The groom is a friend of my BF''s so it went to an e-mail address that he rarely checks and is mainly for junk mail. We saw the couple last weekend and they asked if we had received it. If we hadn''t met up with them, we probably would not have seen the STD for at least another month. With that said, I do think that you should follow up with a phone call. I don''t really know the proper etiquette regarding this situation...

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just a warning that you''ll probably get lots of posts poo-pooing emailed save-the-dates. I personally wouldn''t mind getting it that way, but a large percentage of our guests are not regular email-checkers so I wouldn''t think it''s the most reliable way to go about it.
shrug1.gif

I do think that asking for a response is enough. Call the ones you don''t hear from. You don''t need to badger them unnecessarily by calling people immediately, before they''ve had a chance to respond!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I let a lot of people know personally about the date, but we also did a STD electronically. We used Evite. They have save the date e-card. We sent them out w/ our web URL. People liked it. It was easier for them as they could directly put it on their calendar while they were at their computer. My fiance loved it b/c it save a little money and we are trying to be eco friendly, so it saved some paper and the carbon footprint of the mail system, etc.

Good luck!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
We are using electronic save the dates. All of our friends and family are avid e-mail checkers. We might even go with electronic invites. It really is cost effective and ecologically sound.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
There is no etiquette for save-the-dates since it is a very new idea in the wedding world. I think an e-save-the-date is an excellent idea. It saves money and the environment, people add it to their calendar right then, and you are not breaking any rules. A save-the-date is not required at all, so people who do not get it... don''t get it. An invitation will suffice. Since you are following up with a phone call, you are more than covered for the people whom you want to know ahead of time.

I am considering doing an e-save-the-date for the masses, but wrote hand written notes on my personal stationary to people like my grandparents. I was already writing thank you notes to them for Christmas presents, so I let them know that we had set a date as well. Really, the people who I have to have at my wedding already know the date since I talk to them all the time. If my mom''s second cousin is already busy when she gets the invitation to my wedding two months beforehand... oh well!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results