shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamondseeker2016 - where did you find your profile pic stone?

fofolala

Rough_Rock
@diamondseeker2006 .

Every time I come on this site (once every blue moon) I'm always in awe of your profile photo stone.

I'm looking to get my wife some diamond stud earrings, and I'm thinking of going OEC.

Any suggestions on your search?

I'm sure you've told your story a million times. I promise I'm not (too) lazy... just that I'm on mobile and searching the past forum on mobile is... Hard

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is August Vintage Round by, now, Distinctive Gem.
Her stone, in particular, has a perfect combination of crown, pavilion, table, and LGH. It has very lovely flowery appearance.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can answer. Her gorgeous diamond is an August Vintage Round from Good Old Gold. Jon ( @Rhino) sells them now on Distinctive Gems.

ETA answered the same time as @flyingpig

fofolala

Rough_Rock
Thank you both

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006 .

Every time I come on this site (once every blue moon) I'm always in awe of your profile photo stone.

I'm looking to get my wife some diamond stud earrings, and I'm thinking of going OEC.

Any suggestions on your search?

I'm sure you've told your story a million times. I promise I'm not (too) lazy... just that I'm on mobile and searching the past forum on mobile is... Hard

That is August Vintage Round by, now, Distinctive Gem.
Her stone, in particular, has a perfect combination of crown, pavilion, table, and LGH. It has very lovely flowery appearance.

I can answer. Her gorgeous diamond is an August Vintage Round from Good Old Gold. Jon ( @Rhino) sells them now on Distinctive Gems.

ETA answered the same time as @flyingpig

Thank you all so much! I have had my stone for almost 8 years, and I still love it as much as I did the first day!

Jonathan can have a pair custom cut for you, although I don't know how Covid might be affecting getting that done. He could have them cut in natural or lab diamonds. I have thought of the idea of getting a pair myself. I have a pair of ideal cut studs already that I love, but it would be great to have a matching pair to my diamond set in a different way. If you do ask him, I would tell him you want them cut like mine. My diamond is not overly deep, and that is important for studs. Here is his contact info:

https://www.distinctivegem.com/

If you should do this, PLEASE come back with pictures!!!

fofolala

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your advice. I will look into this and will certainly post should this comes to fruition.

My wife wears a j 2.5 ring and the color has never bothered her. Is there different conventional wisdom regarding color on the style stone? I see on the website there are several m and lower options

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d stick with J or K in OECs for earrings especially since her ring has a J.

ellekay

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much! I have had my stone for almost 8 years, and I still love it as much as I did the first day!

Jonathan can have a pair custom cut for you, although I don't know how Covid might be affecting getting that done. He could have them cut in natural or lab diamonds. I have thought of the idea of getting a pair myself. I have a pair of ideal cut studs already that I love, but it would be great to have a matching pair to my diamond set in a different way. If you do ask him, I would tell him you want them cut like mine. My diamond is not overly deep, and that is important for studs. Here is his contact info:

https://www.distinctivegem.com/

If you should do this, PLEASE come back with pictures!!!

I've long been a huge fan of that profile stone, DS! It is spectacular. Have you ever done a video showing how it plays in the light?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results