shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamondseeker2006... Question!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I saw that you posted about an eternity band that you received with .15 stones, but returned. I was wondering if you took any pics of it.
I''m designing my wb right now, and I''m trying to do an eternity band with cushions and apparently the smallest I can get is .15
My problem with eternity bands is exactly what you described: they tend to sit too high off the finger.
I thought .15 would be small enough hence my interest! Any insight would be great! Thanks DS!
21.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey crookedrock,

Just wanted to tell you that DS knows about this thread and will respond when she can..

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 10:32:04 AM
Author: mrssalvo
Hey crookedrock,

Just wanted to tell you that DS knows about this thread and will respond when she can..
Ha, was just coming to say the same thing.
9.gif
(she can't respond from work)

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies!
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, CR!!! Thanks Ellen and MrsS for letting me know that I had a question waiting!

Yes, I had the Tiffany 2.86 ct. eternity ring with 15 point stones. It was really gorgeous and a very nice size to wear alone or possibly with a thin band on either side (Jennifer Garner) if you have long fingers. I didn''t measure it, but I''d say that it sat at least 3mm+ off the surface of my finger, whereas my Leon solitaire has a shank that is about 2mm high, which works perfectly with my Tiffany Legacy band. But as you know, the Tiffany eternity ring settings are about as low as they come. I felt like I could get used to it if I wore it alone, but it was in the size for my left hand ring finger and I didn''t like that it didn''t work with my e-ring. I am quite certain that a shared prong band of that size would really eat into prongs on any low-medium set solitaire. If I could have worn it comfortably on my RH, then I probably would have kept it. But I wear 5.25 to 5.5 on my left hand and closer to 6 on my right. And I just can''t stand for my rings to be too tight, so I returned it. I did not take pictures, but it is the exact same ring that sna77 bought as his wife''s wedding band, although her fingers are smaller than mine. I''ll post a picture to show you the thickness issue in a minute because I saved his thread.

Are you wearing your Leon ring on one hand and the eternity band on the other? If so, you should be fine. The thickness will take a little getting used to, but I think it will be fine as long as you have the stones set as low as possible, and also be sure that the cushion stones are not deeper than ideal rounds of the same weight. I honestly think that a cushion eternity band of that size would be a beautiful compliment to your gorgeous e-ring!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one just shows the difference in shank difference from the sides. This is just a preference issue, obviously, as her rings are beautiful!

sna77-tiffany-eternityband.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one shows how the height of the eternity ring is a lot higher than the shank of the e-ring and could hit e-ring prongs. But again, this won''t concern you if you''re wearing the two rings on different hands.

sna77-tiffany-eternityband2.jpg

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 6:17:57 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Are you wearing your Leon ring on one hand and the eternity band on the other? If so, you should be fine. The thickness will take a little getting used to, but I think it will be fine as long as you have the stones set as low as possible, and also be sure that the cushion stones are not deeper than ideal rounds of the same weight. I honestly think that a cushion eternity band of that size would be a beautiful compliment to your gorgeous e-ring!
Thanks so much for the info DS. I guess I could hop over to Tiffany''s and try it myself too!
I am planning on wearing it alone. I''ve tried on a bunch of rings with my ER and it''s just too much. I think it looks best alone. So I would leave my ER on my left and eternity on the right. I would have like to have been able to switch that, but alas no insert found its way into my ring...
What I am thinking about creating is something along these lines but with cushions in the center. I''ve tried on so many shared prong or u-prong eternity bands and I think they all sit too high (and FI hates them bc of that). So I found that ring style thinking I might be able to set something like that lower. Who knows... we''ll have to see. I''m gonna have to sit down with Mark and really work out the details.

I think Sna''s rings look great! I wish I could get comfortable wearing that bc the look is so timeless and beautiful! Good luck finding the right band for you! What is your next step?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good idea to go try on the Tiffany band to get an idea of how the .15''s feel. The ring design you are looking at would be a beautiful compliment to your e-ring! I totally understand your disappoinment in the sizing area not being put on the e-ring shank. But your rings will be beautiful on either hand!

I''m not sure what I will do. I might go with some kind of sapphire and diamond three stone RHR, but I haven''t had much luck in finding a sapphire I like (although I am sure there are some for $50,000 out there that I''d really like if I was willing to put huge money into it!). I also might do something with an old cut diamond. But I probably won''t get another eternity ring unless it has stones a little smaller to allow the two rings to be worn together. I really love my Legacy band, but I''d like an alternative band so it doesn''t get so much wear.

One thing that I was slightly worried about with a full eternity on my right hand is that it might get too much wear (on the palm side) due to my using my right hand for almost everything. I think it would be a case where you''d just have to wear it at selected times and take it off when doing things around the house or yard or working out. You might also want to try on a couple of thin bands on either side of that Tiffany ring to see how a wider band will feel on your right hand.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again DS. You bring up another concearn of mine... the wear-ability factor of an eternity ring. I''m not usually into the look of the half eternity (obvi, look at my er...) but I do want to be able to wear it without worrying. I honestly wear my ER on my necklace 75% of the time. I feel like it''s safe there and it''s always with me. I started doing it bc I was getting sick of having to leave it everyday when I hit the gym, but now I kinda like it there. LOL
So maybe half eternity like then one I linked makes more sense. I want to be able to wead my wb all the time. My other option would be to get a pretty diamond ban like the ones from singlestone , FI loves them, and hold out for the whole eternity band for an anniversary. I''m starting to think the WB is more difficult to pick out than the ER was! LOL

Oh and I too would kill for a beautiful Sapphire. I told FI that I would forego the WB if he let me get an Asscher Sapphire, which I would put into a 3stone ring too. Let''s just say, I got "the look".
39.gif
Someday!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! I know that look, too! It''s something between these:
20.gif
6.gif
38.gif
40.gif

I have come to the conclusion that one needs more than one wedding band. (ta-da! what a revelation!)

Since you are sometimes wearing the e-ring on a chain, then I''d get a band for your left hand and your right. Perhaps the one for the left can be a bit more practical for times you don''t want to risk wearing something with a lot of pave. Maybe something like the Tiffany band I had or maybe a 5-7 stone band that doesn''t go all the way around. Then you could get one like you want for your right hand for times that you would wear your e-ring on the left.

Your fiance may be very angry at me, but I seriously think you need two wedding bands for different occasions.
9.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Yah I''m pretty sure that''s the look! Or he pretends he isn''t listening, that might be my favorite.

DS I am liking the way you think! I think we should have multiple everything.
31.gif

Thanks a ton for all your help. I think I may keep the WB simple for now and hold out for the mac daddy eternity down the road. Maybe a first kid present! We deserve those right?

My poor FI, he''s being such a trooper... We''re house shopping, car shopping and planning trips, I think maybe I''ll cut him a break on the eternity for now! LOL Hopefully that will get me some stored up brownie points!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results