shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamonds aren't forever

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
:wavey:
Hi! I have not posted on pricescope in a loooong time. I popped in recently and noticed some of the same posters are here (hello!)
I was extremely interested in diamondseeker's story about re-selling her stone through GOG and getting a new one that has the same visual impact at much less cost.

My ring was sitting in the jewlery box. Lately, my excitement having a beautiful diamond had eased away. Also, I have acquired a few more nice peices over the last few years and sometimes I feel like I don't have enough fingers to wear everything!

Long story short, I went back to the same store that sold me the diamond, along with some yellow gold that I will never wear and a number in my head. They gave me a store credit that exceeded my expectations.

Meanwhile, I had shopped the estate section and I knew there were quite a few watches in there that my hubby would be interested in.
(When we got engaged, he have me a diamond ring & I have him a watch). Fast forward 8 years and we both continued our interests. I upgraded my diamond several times and he acquired more watches.

The story ends here- on Saturday he picked out his new watch and it has been incredibly fun to see his delight. He was surprised I would trade my diamond so that he could get a watch on his bucket list, but the more I explained, the more he understood.
Our marriage has had a lot of trials and we are more solid than ever.
"Things" are not what matter - it is the bond and the love.

Hello to those of you who remember me!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back, dbgaap-

You posted a real love story. I don't think many diamond forums see stories that are written by people with your point of view, but I know that it (both your story and your point of view) will be appreciated here on Pricescope!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF
:read:

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tell us about the watch! :bigsmile: Or better yet .... (Peeeetures!!!)

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No it's great when things work out that way. Nice story with a nice ending!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Hi AGBF! I am certainly glad I had all that time to enjoy my diamond, and it's like a whole new phase of enjoyment to observe his delight with his watch.

decodelighted, he got a Rolex Submariner Deep Sea, which is a hard name to remember!
It came out of the estate section, but it came with the "new" warranty. I am not sure how they differentiate between new and used, but supposedly it had never been "owned" by anyone else.
The main benefit, of course was the price in the estate section is better.
I got a silver necklace, too, somewhat similar to this (without the logo).

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your story. I hope your DH knows he has a real gem!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
great story. I am guessing you sold one of the previous upgrades? or the original? or the latest ring? what are you wearing on your hand now? :bigsmile:

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
dbgaap|1330964642|3141092 said:
decodelighted, he got a Rolex Submariner Deep Sea, which is a hard name to remember!
Great pick! I've been sweet on that style also & bought an "inspired by" watch by Debaufre. Of course it's NOTHING like the REAL DEAL. Maybe ONE DAY! :Up_to_something: :naughty: :bigsmile: My DH got this round of *real* bling at our house too & we splurged on an Omega Speedmaster for his 40th bday. It makes me happy to see how happy it makes him so I'm wishing you the same HAPPINESS!!! (And more bling eventually too... couldn't resist a little plug for you:bling too!)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a wonderful story. Congratulations on being open to that possibility, and carrying through with your decision, and on knowing how to really make your hubby's day!

I think this goes to show that in the best of circumstances, what the ring represents really is more important than the ring itself!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great story.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a wonderful post! full of what is the really important thing in life and a relationship!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
thank you for your sweet comments! Just popping in to post an iphone pic of what I am wearing these days (I'll be back!)

sapphire%20ring_1.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey dbgapp! I thought I saw you here the other day!

Welcome back - love your love story! Your current rings are beautiful as well!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey!!! :wavey: I saw you on another thread, too, but wasn't sure you came back to see that I posted to say hello!!!

I am so glad to see you! I remember your diamond very well and the whole search since we were looking around the same time! That was a REALLY amazingly sweet thing for you to do for your hubby!!! :appl: I think I am not as nice as you are! :lol:

I think the sapphire ring is beautiful! Sapphire is my favorite colored stone! You'll have to catch us up on any other things you've bought in the last few years! Glad to see you back and do stick around!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results