shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamonds and Auctions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Colin H

Rough_Rock
Hi, I am currently new to diamonds and have just recently developed an interest in the diamond market. I have been attending a local weekly auction off and on since Jan 09, it appears that loose diamonds as well as diamond rings are selling for about 10% of the appraised value. None of the diamonds have been certified so far, they just have appraisals. I was hoping someone could help me out with some tips on how I can be cautious as a buyer at the auction, as well as the best way to sell them ( ebay private listings etc ) so that my buyers can feel confidant and safe buying from me.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2009 10:57:25 AM
Author:Colin H
Hi, I am currently new to diamonds and have just recently developed an interest in the diamond market. I have been attending a local weekly auction off and on since Jan 09, it appears that loose diamonds as well as diamond rings are selling for about 10% of the appraised value. None of the diamonds have been certified so far, they just have appraisals. I was hoping someone could help me out with some tips on how I can be cautious as a buyer at the auction, as well as the best way to sell them ( ebay private listings etc ) so that my buyers can feel confidant and safe buying from me.
easy, just don''t buy at auctions. and you know why they are only selling for 10% of appraisel? because... that''s what they are worth or less !!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results