Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond under 1 carat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1. Anyone here with a diamond under 1 carat sad that they did not make that magical 1 carat stone?

2. Anyone happy that they chose a diamond under 1 carat or smaller for an engagement ring?

Vegan

Rough_Rock
I don't have an engagement ring yet (we want to wait to graduate from college to get engaged. Just a few months to go), but I have a lovely promise ring that is MUCH less that a carat. I want my engagment ring a bit bigger, but having made me realize I don't want a huge ring.
I have already picked out my engagement ring at it is like .86. I've looked at bigger rings, but have several reasons for not wanting a larger one.
One big one is I don't think it right for him to spend that much money on a ring. I know I only want a diamond becuase I have been brainwashed since I was a little girl to want one, and almost decided on another type of stone to fit me better. I would rather have a better honeymoon for the memories, or leave the money in our savings, or give it to charrity. It just doesn't seem right to spend thousands on a ring when people are starving, animals are suffering and forests are being destroyed. I'm not a flashy person. I am outside a lot, don't normally wear much jewlery, and don't like to spend a lot of money on unnessesary things.
But deep down, I still want a diamond (that conditioning really sticks!)
Also, a more practicle reason, if it is too big it sticks out too much and can scratch aganst things. Plus if the stone ever fell out I would want to be able to replace it fairly easily.
I don't know if this is the type of answer you are looking for. Probably not. Just thought I would throw my 2 cents in.

Bye!

AnnaMagdalena

Rough_Rock
What a question! disclaimers: I can totally understand if someone feels that the whole carat is important; it's really a matter of hoping that your personal situation matches your desires. That having been said:

-My .84 round looks just as big as my friend's 1 carat princess. Spread, not carat weight, is what you see.

-Because of where I live and the circles in which I move, any bigger and I would feel conspicuous in a bad way.

-I have small hands and fingers (4-1/4) so proportionate to my hand, .84 is plenty.

-I have many ideals and sincere convictions about supporting certain charities, but like Vegan said, conditioning--it's powerful! In our case, having a .84 doesn't mean we won't have a cent to spare for those causes. I think everyone has their balancing point of values, financial reality, and personal desires.

-This is the stone that to me, looks great, doesn't break the bank, and feels like a savvy purchase. I personally like being under one of the big price per carat marks.

Of course, if someone FORCED me to have a well-cut 2 carat rock, I'd learn to live with it!

Girls Will Be Girls

-Anna Magdalena

slmulkey

Shiny_Rock
Sure I'd like to have a 1 ct or larger diamond, I'd also like an Acura NSX, a mansion, etc. Overall, I'm very happy to have my .87 diamond. I love my ring and feel like the extra money that we would have paid for a larger stone would not have been worth it at this point in our lives.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Princess Diana: Timeless Jewelry Every Woman Should Own
    Princess Diana: Timeless Jewelry Every Woman Should Own
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.