shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Travel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

g00mba

Rough_Rock
I don''t know if this is the correct place to ask this, but here it goes!

I live in the Chicagoland area and my girlfriend lives in Canada. At the end of April I will be flying up to the great white north to pop the question. I have purchased an e-ring from GoG and am just waiting for it to be made and shipped.

Are there any special precautions I should take while flying with the e-ring?
Will customs give me a hard time?
Should I declare the ring?
Are there any issues I should be aware of?

Thanks,
Jon

[email protected]

Rough_Rock
I know friends who have done the same and they all wore the ring around their neck on a long chain. Gets through the metal detector no problem. It''s also safer than having it in your hand baggage. Check in the bulky boxes.

bosoxbw

Rough_Rock
I assume the ring is/will be insured before you go? If so, the chain idea sounds like a good one.

g00mba

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/29/2007 1:41:04 PM
Author: sharry
I know friends who have done the same and they all wore the ring around their neck on a long chain. Gets through the metal detector no problem. It''s also safer than having it in your hand baggage. Check in the bulky boxes.

That does sound like a great idea. I wear a St. Christopher''s medallion right now, so I can just put it on that chain
2.gif

I take it Platinum does not make a metal detector go off?

Thanks for the help.

Jon

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
definitely keep it with you. are you taking a carry-on bag? if so, i don''t see why you couldn''t have it in there in it''s box, especially since she''s not with you while your travelling and you''re trying to sneak it on the flight which her standing right there..

g00mba

Rough_Rock
I''m just worried that they will search me and find it... $8000 thing you are bringing into the country. It will be coming back into the US to stay within 3 months... but I don''t think they will understand or care.

Thanks for your comments.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results