shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond stud update

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I figure since a few of you have followed my indecisiveness on the earrings, I thought I'd tell you what I'm thinking now! I am at my parents' house for Thanksgiving, and I tried on my mother's old .33 each studs and my old .75 each studs that I sold to her. Ironically, I liked both. I think I just like diamond studs of any size! She is going to give my oldest daughter her .66 ctw pair for college graduation in a couple of weeks, and I think that will mean so much to her! But I have decided that for daily casual wear, I think I'd like around .60-.70 each rather than the .75's. Since ideal cut will show up so much better than average cut, I think I'll be completely happy with the smaller size. I really probably made a mistake not getting the .61 ea. H pair from WF, but I just know not to buy when I have doubts. I always regret buying when I have doubts, so I try not to do it when it is for an expensive item. So my goal now is to find a pair before Christmas, because my husband is already asking me what I want, and it would be easiest for him if I could choose diamond studs for him to give me for Christmas, since I couldn't get the decision made in time for my birthday!

(Tacori, you were right about anything .5 and up looking fine, and Ellen, I think you and I have similar feelings about size, too! It just took me a little longer to figure it out!)

ETA: Y'all can tell I'm bored..I just couldn't bear to go shopping today with the massive crowds!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Well you know I like big studs, but then I have big earlobes. Really I think you will be happy with any reasonably sized pair if they are ideal cut. I gave my old round studs (1/3 carat each) to my daughter. I wore those babies for years and I cannot believe now how little life they have compared to my new ones. It makes such a huge difference. Now that you have an ideal cut diamond for your ring you won't be happy with anything less. Now just find a pair and buy them already!!!
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I am ready to get some for sure! And I figure I can always upgrade them if I decide they are too small. My earlobes are small, I guess, so I can get by with smaller stones pretty well. But I''ll only buy diamonds from here on out that can be upgraded later if they shrink!!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ds I don''t blame you for hesitating, you know yourself best. I AM sorry you missed out on the .61 pair though...If you decide to go with WF, I know Lesley said Brian would be buying a new shipment in early January. I know you wanted them for xmas, but it might be worth the wait. Just a thought.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen, gosh, I was hoping for more stones to look at before then! I feel like I have dragged this decision out forever already. There are a couple of possibilities in my size range now. There are just some pros and cons to everything.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
good luck DS, i''m sure the right pair are out there for you..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results