shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Stud Ct Weight

stalkerdenx

Rough_Rock
hi everyone

i have a pair of diamond studs, both stud has .50ct stamped into them, does that mean the pair is 1ct or the .50ct stamp on each is the full Ct weight

thanks for you help

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it would say ctw (carat total weight) if it were .5 total. I'm thinking that they are .5 each...but thats just my 2 cents. Post a picture up
against a ruler or a penny or something that we know the size of. We should be able to look at them and tell you what they are. It should be
a big difference between .5 ctw, or .5 plus .5 = 1 ctw.

stalkerdenx

Rough_Rock
s-l1600.jpg DSCF3169.jpg s-l1600.jpg

so each stud is stamped with normal UK hallmarks but then at the end of the hallmark is the diamond stamp which say 0.50 PTS so i hope thats means there .5 each with a CTW of 1.

so once again any help would be fantastic

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Um, those are not studs. My idea will not work (works with studs). Those are clusters.

Are those inches on the tape? If so, it looks like they are fairly large. I would think* .5 each for a total of 1 carat however,
going by the size of the backs (if they are the standard size backs) then I would think* they are .25 for a total of .5.

*cant really tell because they are clusters

stalkerdenx

Rough_Rock
sorry im not very clued up on diamond jewelry i thought they were called studs :lol:

no its was centimetres not inches and they are standard backs also,

so were saying there .5 total weight ....bummer thought i was going to get some serious dollar for them..lol

anyway thankyou for clearing that up for me you been very helpful

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results