shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond size/.90 -v- 1.00

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blueskiesalways

Rough_Rock
Will a .90 caret Emerald cut diamond look a lot smaller than a full 1.00 carat?
My b/f and I selected the .90 for the cut and clarity over size...now i''m wondering if it is worth the sacrifice ..any thoughts?

openhelix

Shiny_Rock
It's fairly simple... Check the spread and table on various stone in the sizes (.9 and 1.0).The difference is like a few tenths of a mm. That said you have to deal with all her friends saying "it's nice, but it's not even a carat"
angryfire.gif
2.gif

Honestly, if you don't mind one cut a little shallow you can probably get the look (read:spread) of a 1c rock in a true .9x size. That said, in anything but a solitaire, I doubt anyone untrained will really know the difference.

chris-uk04

Shiny_Rock
If you like the 90 pt stone, get it. Tell people it is a carat if you want. Who cares? They won't be able to tell.

If you put a 90 pt stone if front of someone and said it was a carat, I bet 99.5% of people would never know. Hardly anyone would say "really?" in disbelief.

That's because women have been fed to know that a carat is the benchmark, but they have no idea how big a carat is. Besides a well cut 90 pt stone will have the same diameter as a mediocre cut 1 carat stone from a mall store. So all you would be missing is a very thick girdle.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results