shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Seeker! I exchanged my studs :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Hi DS and anybody else :)

I had to call you attention to this because you will understand my neurosis regarding my studs. After promsing myself no more jewelry this year I am exchanging my studs again LOL.

I started with .75s each. Then got rid of those and turned my old engagement ring stone, .81ct into 1/2 of a pair of studs. Then I decided those were too big and remounted my old stone into my old ring setting and put it away for one of my girls, traded back in the .81ct when they get older and went down to .61 each studs. They just are not doing it for me and I just completed the transaction for .74 and .75 ct stones. H color, VS2, AGS ideal cuts. There have been other permutations over the years as well.

Something about having 1.5ctw is that magic number :) I have been in search of the perfect pair of studs and I think this is it. The .75s I originally had were not such a great cut and they were SIs and I color but very yellow for I. So I''m going back to that size but with an H and hearts and arrows cut :)

I knew you would get it! My husband rolled his eyes at me but its going to be my valentines gift and mothers day gift and only jewelry for the year :)

I''ll post photos when I get them.

My off line life has no idea about my diamond obesssion LOL.

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on figuring it out! Sometimes it takes a little comparison to figure out the perfect balance and everybody has a different preference for what is a good balance when it comes to diamond studs... It sounds like you''ve tried on a few variations of size within a similar range and have achieved the perfect balance! (I also like the balance of clarity and color - good job!)

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I''m not DS, but good for you Asscherisme! Ideal cut makes all the difference in studs too and that''s a terrific size. Don''t forget that you promised to share pics.

DiamondSeeker did you go ahead and get the .75 carat each studs for yourself???

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Yay, I''m glad you''re happy now!! Can''t wait for pics!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh!!! That is TOO funny!!!!
36.gif

YES, I DO understand!!! I sold my old poor quality .75 each pair to my mother, couldn''t decide whether to go down in size and up in quality to keep the price reasonable or go ahead and pay for great .75s. Then when I decide to go with .75''s, I couldn''t find a perfect pair! So I settled for a pair of .70''s just to give my husband something to give me for Christmas. So wouldn''t you know that my absolute perfect pair came up the week after Christmas!!! So I ordered them, compared them to the .70''s, and returned the .70''s.

So yes, I also ended up with EXACTLY the same as you, asscherisme.... .75 each, H VS2, hearts and arrows (ACA)!!! The only reason I haven''t posted them is that I haven''t taken any good pictures yet. But I will try to do it as soon as we have a bright day! I want to see yours, too! I am finally content that .75 is perfect for me, and I am in my comfort zone with all the specs...so I expect these to be my forever studs! They were definitely worth waiting for...I am just so thankful I was in the return period on the others!!!!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
LOL DS. How funny. We really are diamond twins. I love how you mounted your 1.63ct. Very classic with your band. And I am very very happy with my 1.63 in its classic setting. My ring is definately my forever ring now. And these studs will be too! I can''t see outgrowing these studs. They are as big as I would feel comfortable wearing and I think they are perfect with my ring size. Nice complement :)

I''m a t-shirts and jeans kinda person. But they are also a great size for dressing up.

Luckily where I got my stud stones from they have a 5 year trade in policy with full credit towards another purchase. I did have to pay for new mountings but was able to keep my lapousette disks to reuse.

I promise I''ll post lots of photos when I get them. Its SO hard to take ear shots of yourself. And if I asked my husband or son to help they would just laugh at me :)

Todd, it took some experimenting but I think this is it :)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
So glad you girls finally got what you wanted!! Congrats!

It IS what you want, right??!
9.gif
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol, Ellen! Yes, my problem was not sticking to what I thought I wanted in the first place! But the main reason was that I was having a heck of a time finding a well matched pair of .75''s.

Asscherisme, I do think it is amazing that we are diamond twins! It threw me off a little when you went with the smaller pair of studs, because it made me question if I was looking for the right size. So I was really surprised and glad when I saw your post today! I agree that the earrings are proportional to our e-ring stones. And I love your ring setting as well...it certainly is one of my top choices. I was just so indecisive on the ring setting that I had to go with a solitaire! But I have a pretty 6 prong solitaire now, so I can be happy with it long term or until I make some decision on exactly what I really love the most!!! It can be expensive switching ring settings! (And I''ll lose a little money on earring settings as well. But I figure it is better than settling for diamonds that aren''t what I really wanted.)

As to the pictures, if you have a digital camera, the way I was able to do it was to stand at the bathroom mirror, hold the camera up to the side of my head, look at the screen in the mirror to get the ear framed for the shot, and then take the picture! I need some good light coming in the window and it has been pretty dark and dreary everytime I have had time to do it. It doesn''t work well with the flash. So maybe I''ll get some sunshine this weekend!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know I''m just teasin.
2.gif

SO, do you love them??! And hurry up with the pics!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Show pictures soon...I''m drooling over here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results