shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Price Difference

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

flyaway

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I have been looking for a diamond:
cut - princess
size - 1 ct.
color - D/E/F
clarity - VS1

So far, I have two quotes $5700/$4800.
There''s a 1000$ difference.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Flyaway, welcome to the forum,
Your $1000 price difference can be explained very easy when you have a color range of D/E/F. You need to post two GIA graded diamonds and the the exact carat weight, color and clarity along with other good information. You can easily have a large price difference on the exact same diamond being sold by two different stores.
Let me give you some good advice before you open your wallet. Go to this site: www.gemappraisers.com/chrt4.htm
and see what your parameters on your princess should be.
Go to the pricescope home page and dial in your parameters on your diamond. Select only diamonds with what you consider your best princess cut. Remove diamonds with extremely thin or very thin and extremely thick or very thick girdles. Select diamonds with very good or excellent polish. All of that is going to narrow down your selection to only a few. Check out the prices and compair those to the prices at your local retail store. When you get back to the pricescope vendors call a couple and get a copy of the certificate on your top two and find out if they are available. NOW you can start to think about reaching for your wallet.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I agree 100% with Bob.

It's all about cut!
1.gif

flyaway

Rough_Rock
Thanks.
Here is the design I plan to buy.
Looks like it will be a while before I find the stone.

Jeff_Cooper_Setting.jpg

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would just like to add this grain of sale with Bob's excellent advice. Some of the most beautiful princess cuts we've tested have had crown heights well over 10% (more around 12-15%) and were some of the most beautiful stones we've ever seen. Dave's chart for princess cuts cause the stone to get a lower grade for this and for what I do not understand.

As with rounds your pavilion/crown relationship with princess cuts are just as crucial.

Peace,
Rhino

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results