shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond help!

steaktacos1

Rough_Rock
Hello all. Thank you in advance for helping me with analyzing this diamond. I’m an amateur so appreciate all the help I can get!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post the GIA report, please?

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bump for report

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I just reached out to JA CS on behalf of OP.
Here's the cert:

cert.jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Weird. I dont usually like stones with proportions like this (steep crown, bigger table), but I like how "fat' the arrows are. What I am confused about is how dark is looks for an H. It looks grey to my eyes somehow

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clouds are grade setting inclusion w/ additional clouds not show & also surface graining not shown. I would want to make sure you carefully vet the stone in an array of lighting conditions to ensure isn't lazy, or hazy.

Expected performance based on proportions.

Screen Shot 2021-06-16 at 1.26.24 AM.png

steaktacos1

Rough_Rock
All,
I've come across another diamond. Mind taking a look and offering advice? Thank you.
cert (1).jpeg

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
do you have a picture of that. Additional Clouds Not Shown, along with clouds as the grade setting inclusion, could impact transparency.

steaktacos1

Rough_Rock

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
All,
I've come across another diamond. Mind taking a look and offering advice? Thank you.
cert (1).jpeg

That one looks to be in the realm of a steep-deep, as well.

The 35.5° CA would be best paired with a 40.6° PA, and the 16% crown height is pushing the absolute max...15-15.5% is usually the recommended range, 14.5% bare minimum.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
do you have a picture of that. Additional Clouds Not Shown, along with clouds as the grade setting inclusion, could impact transparency.

unlikely in a VS1. OP: I don't mind this one at all. It's a higher crown than some recommend and it's a tad deep, but I like the look of it in the video.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock

It's a GIA VS1, so they're probably insignificant enough to not bother being plotted.

steaktacos1

Rough_Rock
unlikely in a VS1. OP: I don't mind this one at all. It's a higher crown than some recommend and it's a tad deep, but I like the look of it in the video.

thanks! Does it being a higher crown/tad deep result in a smaller facing up dimension? sorry for my ignorance

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks! Does it being a higher crown/tad deep result in a smaller facing up dimension? sorry for my ignorance

The depth will mean it faces up a *tiny* bit smaller than a stone that had a depth of 62% or 61.8% (for example), but it's not bad. We typically recommend that folks don't go deeper than 62.4, so this one isn't hugely problematic.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Here's the HCA score, linked from the PriceScope diamond search page for this exact diamond:

natural131hvs1.png

steaktacos1

Rough_Rock
Here's the HCA score, linked from the PriceScope diamond search page for this exact diamond:

natural131hvs1.png

I know they recommend 1-2 for a ring. Is a 2.5 score still ok or should I continue on my search? Many thanks

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Here are WF offerings so that you can see what their ACA vetted diamonds have for proportions. You can jot down a bunch of the specs so that you can do your own vetting with other diamonds available at other retailers, should you choose to shop at JA, for example.

The only filters that I set on their search page were these:
Shape: round
Color: D-I
Clarity: IF-SI1
Price: <=$9000
Category: ACA

If you decide to do business with WF, keep in mind that you will be able to use one of the best upgrade programs in the global diamond retail business:

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
I know they recommend 1-2 for a ring. Is a 2.5 score still ok or should I continue on my search? Many thanks

If it were me and my own wallet, I would continue the search.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results