shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Help...

Cue_147

Rough_Rock
I'm looking at buying a ring from JA but i'm pretty clueless regarding a diamond... to much information has clouded my mind.

I've gone onto Diamondpro and the 2 recommend within my budget ($2500) for the diamond only are:

$2450

SHAPE: Round
CARAT WEIGHT: 0.80
COLOR: J
CLARITY: VS2
CUT: Excellent
POLISH: Excellent
SYMMETRY: Very Good
FLUORESCENCE: None
L/W/D (MM): 5.97*5.94*3.68

L/W RATIO: 1.01
DEPTH %: 61.70
GIRDLE: Medium
TABLE %: 57.00
CULET: None
CERTIFICATE: GIA
CROWN ∠: 35.00
CROWN %: 15.50
PAVILION ∠: 40.60

PAVILION %: 43.00

and

$2220

SHAPE: Round
CARAT WEIGHT: 0.75
COLOR: J
CLARITY: VS2
CUT: Excellent
POLISH: Excellent
SYMMETRY: Excellent
FLUORESCENCE: None
L/W/D (MM): 5.79*5.84*3.60

L/W RATIO: 1.01
DEPTH %: 61.90
GIRDLE: Medium - Slightly Thick
TABLE %: 58.00
CULET: None
CERTIFICATE: GIA

Do these sound good?

Thanks for your help in advance

miraj

Rough_Rock
There are thousands and thousands of diamonds below $2500. What criteria are you considering? What's important to you?

Check out the Diamond Search here on PriceScope to find relevant ones.

The 0.8 ct J VS2 doesn't have any glaring problems, given the limited information. Sharing the certificate, ASET scope, link to the diamond, etc would make it easier to evaluate. The 0.75ct J VS2 doesn't have enough information to run an HCA analysis.

adom

Rough_Rock
of those three, the first two had small spot under the table. I could see none in the third. So for the third I put in into the HCA calculator and it came up a .9 which is nice.

If I had to pick one of those three, I would go for the third.

Cue_147

Rough_Rock
I have purchase the ring and the third diamond ... now just need to wait 4 weeks :)

Thanks for everyones help

Cue_147

Rough_Rock
This is the setting i chose... Hope she likes it.

_718.png

_719.png

_720.png

Cue_147

Rough_Rock

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice setting!

For the stone - have you looked at J colours in person? The fluor will only show up while you are in certain lighting. So it will not be a magical cure for a yellow tint.

2 suggestions - first tell them to halt the process. Have them send you the stone (or both of these) to examine first. You can see if the J colour bothers you.

Or, you can still tell them to halt the process. Go to a jewellery store asap and look at some other stones for comparison. If a J colour bothers you, you can ask them to switch to an I and continue the process.

Cue_147

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply... I've now looked at 'J' Colour diamonds and think it'll actually look very nice with my GF's Mediterranean skin :)

I've also asked JA for Ideal scope images but they can't get them due to the diamond not being in the NY office... they said i've picked a diamond with ideal proportions and it'll be a great looking diamond.

Would you agree?... or is it impossible to tel without idealscope?

Also I've been told there could be light leakage due to the symmetry of the lower girdle facets.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results