shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond eternity band is too tight can I resize it? Pic incl

Frances29

Rough_Rock
How can I make it one size larger?

I had a baby last August and had to take my engagement ring and wedding band off due to swelling in June 2010 and have not been able to wear them since :(

I thought for sure I would be able to wear them by now, but the rings just do not fit. I have been wearing a pave dome I had resized from a 6 1/4 to an 8 on my left hand for the past year. I want to wear my rings and the only way to do it will be to have them resized at this point (I am also up 25 lbs from the pregnancy).

Is it possible to make my diamond eternity band 1 size larger, it is a 6 3/4 size now and 5 carats 2 mm's wide; my engagement ring is a 6 1/2. The size 8 diamond dome is a little big and does roll on me but not big enough to fall off, which is much better than not being able to wear anything.

Any advise is appreciated. http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd351/Mattluv_01/DSC02053.jpg?t=1313940352

Pictures of my rings on my pinky (even too tight on my pinky).

TIA!

Frances

ps. site won't allow me to post the picture.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Re: Diamond eternity band is too tight can I resize it? Pic

You probably can't go a whole size larger but I successfully went .25 size larger by having it bored out. See what your jeweler advises, if it's very sturdy maybe you can go .5 bigger and it might fit very well in the cooler months.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock

a whole size is probably very very difficult.. :blackeye:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Frances, I'm in the same boat - still pregnant, but slowly growing out of all my rings. I love my eternity rings! I don't want to have to abandon them!

And yet.

While you could probably have your rings filed down on the inside (can't see your pics, so I can't say for sure - try posting them directly), since you'll lose the baby weight and then just have to have sizing beads put in, I'd recommend simply waiting. In the meantime, maybe pick up a "stunt double" or an alternate band you'll be able to wear on a different finger once you go back to your usual sizes?

Frances29

Rough_Rock

Dang. I have waited since May 2010 hoping to be able to get the rings on but .... they are too small now.

Can my jeweler who made the ring, dismantle it and add a stone and make the ring all over again?

The baby weight isn't coming off at all and I want to wear my rings again. I wish I could post pics my rings are so cute! :love: and I love them! I miss them!!!

Frances29

Rough_Rock

How do I post pictures directly? I just took a picture of them on my pinky bc they don't even go past the knuckle on my wedding finger. :(

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

When you type a reply post, you'll see in the upper right hand corner "Insert" ...there are 4 buttons below that...the one on the left-hand side is the button you'll use (has a photo of a diamond).

Frances29

Rough_Rock

Thank you CS, I tried that but it didn't work, said invalid.

ETA; took pic from phone and it uploaded. The other pic file was probably to large.

Thank you for you help!

Frances29

Rough_Rock

Pictures of my rings (on pinky) ...

photo.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

I don't know if resizing an eternity an entire size bigger is possible- you may just have to have it remade.

Beautiful rings btw.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Frances29|1313940911|2995682 said:
Is it possible to make my diamond eternity band 1 size larger, it is a 6 3/4 size now and 5 carats 2 mm's wide; my engagement ring is a 6 1/2.

Hi Francis! A 6.75 2mm eternity band is usually a much lower carat weight than 5 carats. Is it possible you have the mm width wrong? At any rate, the only way to get a full size larger is to have the diamonds reset into a new eternity band, and add stones. Some jewelers *may* be able to add a solid metal sizing bar area, so that you can wear the existing setting. Typically, eternity bands are not sizable once set. Your ring seems to be pretty hefty, but it's hard to tell from the outside. You may be able to have some metal shaved away from the interior, but it won't allow the ring to go up an entire size.

Ah, the sacrifices we make for motherhood! I wound up being a size 8 during pregnancies, but fortunately my fingers did eventually go back down to a size 6.75.

Frances29

Rough_Rock

Thank you Amy for your help!

Winks ~ You are right my ring is just under 4 mm (I measured it). I know it has to be made into a 7 3/4 as well as the engagement ring resized up to 7 1/2, somedays if the weather is cooler I can shove the engagement ring on but its never really comfortable; (the tiny band fits fine at size 7 it used to be too big but I liked it that way). I think I will have to have the eternity band remade because I am sick of not being able to wear the rings. Then once I lose the weight have it remade again. I never thought I would be out of the rings this long...Yes, motherhood is so worth it tho! This happened to my sister twice, she went from a 6 1/2 to an 8 then back down to a 6 1/2 after a year or so.

Frances29

Rough_Rock

Measured the eternity band wrong its btwn 5- 6 mm I was using the inches side of the tape measure.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results