shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond choices make my head spin

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

confusedconsumer

Rough_Rock
OK so I have decided to purchase a dia for an engagement ring. I am having a hard time deciding b/t a round and a fancy cut. More specifically round vs. pear. vs. radiant. I would like to stay in the .90 to .95 range and at or below 6,000 budget (including plain plat. setting) The fancy cuts seem to be cheaper but how can I make sure to fins a well cut pear or radiant? which is the 'better' of the two fancies light performance wise?????
thanks for the help
smile.gif

jamesd

Shiny_Rock
Unless you know the intended recipient likes the fancy, stick to round. Nobody is going to be able to tell you what the recipient prefers, just that most engagement rings use round diamonds so that offers you the best odds if you can't get some idea in advance.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Pear vs. RadiantBased on my experience of looking at diamonds, I would say a very properly proportioned pear shape is generally more lively than a radiant.Checking how good the fancy shape is requires in person examination of the stone. DO NOT BASE THIS CHOICE ON ONLY PROPORTIONS.rockdoc
------------------

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Pear vs. RadiantBased on my experience of looking at diamonds, I would say a very properly proportioned pear shape is generally more lively than a radiant.Checking how good the fancy shape is requires in person examination of the stone. DO NOT BASE THIS CHOICE ON ONLY PROPORTIONS.rockdoc
------------------

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results