shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Certs. date or no date

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

philly guy

Rough_Rock
I have seen a few certs. from different labs like GIA and AGA. I have noticed that GIA certs. have dates on them and AGA does not. Is there an explanation why GIA has dates and AGA does not?
33.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A "Philly Guy" would want to know about AGA Certs because it is a locally accepted grading product which I created many years ago and now is in the capable hands of Chris DiCamillo and my old staff. I consider reports "timeless" because AGA grading has not been subject to any purposeful change. A one or two year old report may be quite common and so long as the diamond is never been worn the grades won''t change.

However, the red ink report number on the document is the actual date of printing but in reverse order. Just read the first four numbers of the red AGA Cert number and you''ll know the year. Then you can read the month and day, too...... It was a nice way of providing this to everyone without making the cert appear to have grown "old".. I hope this helps you. I do believe in transparency balanced with smart marketing.

philly guy

Rough_Rock
Thanks oldminer, and that was smart marketing on your part.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results