shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond calculator for other cuts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
I have seen the diamond calculator for round diamonds and was wondering if there were calcuators for other cuts.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
yes

it can work for any 3D scan of any cut

But using standard templates for cuts in fancy shapes is very limited as there are often several variables as well as different facet structures etc. eg there are several princess types and a myriad of combinations where there are 3 main bits of round input data - table crown and pavilion

Emerald cut variables3.JPG

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2007 1:40:36 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
yes

it can work for any 3D scan of any cut

But using standard templates for cuts in fancy shapes is very limited as there are often several variables as well as different facet structures etc. eg there are several princess types and a myriad of combinations where there are 3 main bits of round input data - table crown and pavilion
What''s #5 garry? ;-)

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/3/2007 2:41:31 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

What''s #5 garry? ;-)
Huhu?

You thought you had me C?

Length by width combinations
10.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2007 3:12:20 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

Date: 1/3/2007 2:41:31 AM
Author: Cehrabehra

What''s #5 garry? ;-)
Huhu?

You thought you had me C?

Length by width combinations
10.gif
hehehe
12.gif
- well it DOES say 9 variables + LxW

shiatsu

Rough_Rock
Well they don't pay as much attention to other cuts because while the round cut is cut for brilliance and graded as such depending on the brilliance achieved by the cut, other cuts sacrifice brilliance to get another shape. And how do you objectively grade that? Other cuts will be more subjective because the main goal is not always brilliance. You may see symmetry and polish graded though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results