shape
carat
color
clarity

diamond advice needed please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Klub1016

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
I''m 23 and I''m ready to propose to my girlfriend. Recently my aunt gave me a 1/2 carat diamond ring to use anyway I wish, it was from her first marriage that ended in divorce. I have the papers which say it cost $700 in 1980, not sure if it''s worth more or less now. I though it was a nice gesture but I feel uncomfortable giving it to my girlfriend as is. In everyone''s opinion which will I have the most luck doing.
a. Just use the 1/2 carat diamond to customize my own ring.
b. Sell ring and use that money towards a bigger one. (my first choice if I could find someone to buy it and give me a fair price.)
c. Give ring back to aunt and do everything on my own.
I''m just starting to think about marriage so I''m not in any hurry. The ring I have in mind is gold,has a 1 carat in the middle with two small sidestones. But I don''t know how to go from the ring my aunt gave me to that ring. Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks Klub

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results