shape
carat
color
clarity

DiamCalc request

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tanuk

Rough_Rock
Hi, I''ve just bought a diamond. Can someone pls me help run a diam calc on it? Thanks!

Shape/Cut: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 5.20-5.23x3.21mm
Carat: 0.525ct
Color: E
Clarity: VVS1
Table Diameter Percentage: 55%
Crown Height Percentage: 15.5%
Pavilion Depth Percentage: 43%
Cutlet: Pointed
Girdle: Medium - Thin (Faceted)
Fluorescence: None

optimized

Shiny_Rock
ME TOO!

If any of you DiamCalc users are feeling adventurous, would you run mine through too? I'm really jealous of you techno-cut geeks with your high-tech toys!
1.gif
If the price were just a liiiittle lower for the s/w, I'd have a copy myself.
1.gif
If you could post any interesting pics and the .GEM file as well, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!

-Tim

mega_crop.gif

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Tanuk, do you have crown and pavilion angles? Is it EGL graded stone?

I don't thinks there is any reason to use DC with this data.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Tim, your .GEM file is attached
1.gif

Attachments

• optimized.gem
    1.2 KB · Views: 31

Tanuk

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I do not have the Crown and Pavilion angle. The stone is an IGI certified diamond. Supposed to be a hearts and arrows cut. Pardon my ignorance, but why did you say there is no reason to use DC with the data?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
... why did you say there is no reason to use DC with the data?
----------------
we ask entering crown and pavilion angles.

---------
Source data for HCA: %’s vs angles

We prefer you enter crown and pavilion angle data from accurately calibrated and maintained Sarin devices operated by impartial laboratories.

HCA is based on angles and when you enter %’s we mathematically calculate the angle.
It is far better you find and enter the angles before making any purchasing decisions.

GIA-GTL reports do not list crown and pavilion angles, but the firm or individual who originally submitted a diamond to GIA can request the crown and pavilion angle data from GIA (many dealers do not know this fact).

EGL and HRD list depth %’s rounded to whole percentage points. Entering this data is almost useless.

Sarin Technologies and Ogi Corporation are two of the main companies who manufacture proportion-measuring devices. The base models from both companies have limited accuracy; advanced models measure more accurately and some incorporate multi-lens systems for varying sized diamonds.

The Ogi method measure dimensions best, but is less accurate for angles because it measures "meet points" and "joins the dots" to calculate the angles. Sarin is more accurate for HCA purposes because it measures the angles directly and "constructs" the diamond. Sarin proportions depth percentages and diameters are often different to the measured parameters on certificates.

A ±0.2 degree variation in angle pavilion data may result in variations up to 0.4 in HCA scores. We believe all major the laboratories use Sarin.
----------
[/u]

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Just for fun and bearing in mind Leonid's cautions, I ran the figures you had available through to come up with the following image, Tanuk. It looks like a very nice stone. An AGS "0" it ranks "very good" across the board for light performance:

Light Return (mono)…...: 1.00 Very Good
Light Return (stereo)…..: 0.99 Very Good
(Non) Leakage (mono)..: 1.00 Very Good to Good
(Non) Leakage (stereo).: 1.03 Very Good to Good
Contrast................ ......: 1.02 Very Good
(Non) FishEye Effect…...: 1.00 Very Good

Disclaimer- The facet arrangement and symmetry of the image will probably vary from your actual diamond, which may affect the light performance indicated. The computer simulation is reproduced best when the actual diamond is being viewed and the image "tweaked" to the appearance of the diamond. However, this "blind" reproduction should be fairly close on the major points.

In general, the darker pink areas indicate areas of greater light return, with the lighter pink areas indicating areas of lesser light return. The black areas indicate areas of greater contrast, with the gray areas indicating areas of lesser contrast. The white areas indicate areas of light leakage. A good explanation of the IdealScope images along with examples can be found at https://www.pricescope.com/idealscope_indx.asp

0.53 II.jpg

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here's another possiblity for O's measurements based on angles and actual measurements.

optimized01.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Played with Tanuks measurements changing the minors slightly and came up with something similar Rich. Doesn't look bad.
1.gif

Peace,
Rhino

tanuk01.gif

Tanuk

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys!!!
One more favor, would it be too much to ask for you to send me the .gem file?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Attached
1.gif
Just keep in mind the real stone can be different because the numbers may not be very accurate.

Attachments

• Tanuk.gem
    1.2 KB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results