shape
carat
color
clarity

Dhillon Jewelry

john smith

Rough_Rock
Dillon Jewelry ( Sweden) is selling a Kashmir sapphire on Loupetroop. The stone selling price is $ 7000. They frequently advertise there. I can find no details about this company although there are many Dhillons listed in Sweden. I used the email address listed for the stone saying that there was no record of the company. The ( brief ) reply was " I am a factor" has anyone information about Dhillon ?

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Emailed him a few times about cobalt spinel. He was very knowledgeable and seemed pretty candid. I have admired his stuff before. The international angle (for me) meant I needed a very high degree of confidence and I wasn't enough in love with the item.

There are a lot of these low-overhead Mom & Pop "stores" on LT and IG.

I would not buy a bargain Kashmir sapphire from anyone ever. You are paying mostly for the origin. I have not seen this stone but I would bet my house that you could get a much more attractive Ceylon for that price. To get a Kashmir that really has the coveted Kashmir "look," you will pay an extraordinary premium and these stones aren't where mortals like us (well, I) can find them even if we had the bottomless budget.

john smith

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your reply I shall heed your advice. Previously a nice looking Mahenge spinel was for sale at a more than reasonable price. Unsure of the seller I avoided the stone. Seeing the sapphire on the site I asked for advice for future reference

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ve eyed that same ring for a long time. They have listed it over and over again on LT. While it’s ‘kashmir’, I don’t believe it’s a great specimen of a Kashmir sapphire (colour zoning etc) so I think a lot of the price is for the name. I love the setting though... that setting keeps drawing me in.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results